Author Topic: Any ideas?  (Read 6517 times)

Offline Andy Cole

Any ideas?
« on: February 10, 2006, 08:11:04 PM »
Just looking for some new ideas for fund raising

We are a 1 pump retained station in the middle of somerset, we do alot of fund raising for FSNBF and for the last few years have consistently raised the most out of any station in Somerset (inc. Wholetime), that said I am aware that other stations raise money for other causes! sorry this is going off the point slightly. We already do stuff like the car wash and Bingo for the old dears in the village and drag Santa round our patch at Christmas... what I'm asking is does anyone do anything different that they think we might be able to do, as with all little stations I guess thinking up these things are left to the new boys (or new boy and girl in our case) so I thought I'd just put the question out there!

Any suggestions gratefully recieved!

Andy.

Offline dave bev

Any ideas?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 08:18:57 PM »
andy - i used to serve at colchester fire station in essex - they hold an annual 24 hour 'fire swim' - it raises @ 12k up to 24k per year - a BIG earner for the fsnbf.

have you asked at the fsnbf itself - they employ someone i understand to progress ideas for fundraising etc (not sure if thats all theyre employed for though - they may have other 'jobs') - i would imagine they have access to all sorts of ideas

dave bev

Offline Andy Cole

Any ideas?
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2006, 05:52:07 PM »
Thanks Dave, that sounds like a good idea and I'll look into asking the FSNBF!.

Offline nearlythere

Any ideas?
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 05:15:51 PM »
Have you a small river for a Duck Race?
We're not Brazil we're Northern Ireland.