Author Topic: Legislation Scotland  (Read 7476 times)

Offline nearlythere

Legislation Scotland
« on: June 15, 2009, 05:13:07 PM »
Do the F&R Services in Scotland acknowledge that under it's legislation, as opposed to End/Wales, the common areas of private flats/dwellings are not a relevant premises and as such are not Fire Risk Assessable?
We're not Brazil we're Northern Ireland.

Offline kurnal

• http://www.peakland-fire-safety.co.uk
Re: Legislation Scotland
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 10:32:08 PM »
Far as I know they do cos thats what their legislation says.

Offline colin todd

• Civilianize enforcement -you know it makes sense.
    • http://www.cstodd.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 07:35:04 PM »
F&RS in Scotland, being well trained, are fully cognisant with the scope of the legislation they enforce, although it is said that those from a certain seat of learning pondered in a training course that the difference to which you refer might be a typo in the Scottish legislation, which it most certainly is not. Scottish Government may only be civil servants but they are not stupid.
ps the inspecting officers all speak with a really cool accent.
Colin Todd, C S Todd & Associates

Offline Gasmeter

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 04:06:33 PM »
Am I mistaken, or is it the case under the Scottish regs, that firefighter safety must be considered in relation to these common areas?  For example if unsuitable front doors have been fitted, how can this be assessed?

Offline nearlythere

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 04:51:46 PM »
Am I mistaken, or is it the case under the Scottish regs, that firefighter safety must be considered in relation to these common areas?  For example if unsuitable front doors have been fitted, how can this be assessed?
Is the regulation not about the maintenance of facilities which have been provided for the protection of firefighters, eg. dry and wet risers, FF lifts etc?
We're not Brazil we're Northern Ireland.

Offline mr angry

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 05:34:37 PM »
Is the regulation not about the maintenance of facilities which have been provided for the protection of firefighters, eg. dry and wet risers, FF lifts etc?

Yes it is about the maintenance of the facilities for the protection of firefighters.

Offline Gasmeter

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 08:06:52 AM »
Thanks for clarifying that for me  :)