FIRE SERVICE AND GENERAL FIRE SAFETY TOPICS > Fire Safety

PROSECUTIONS AND ENFORCEMENT AGAINST FIRE OR SAFETY CONSULTANTS

(1/4) > >>

kurnal:
This thread is to be used to discuss any details of enforcement action or prosecutions of fire consultants or safety consultants under UK fire Legislation

nearlythere:
Not fire safety but has anyone come across a report of an outside employer or employee entering a room of a building and falling to his death or serious injury because the floor was missing? Seem to remember something in papers or somewhere else about this.

Golden:
Hi NT - I'll try and find out some more detail if this is any good to you but I know of a woman in a housing block who was intoxicated and managed to open a smoke vent door which didn't have any fall protection and subsequently fell - not sure whether she survived the fall.

AnthonyB:
An engineer who was checking smoke detectors at a Worksop factory died after walking through a door which had not been opened for a decade, his inquest heard.

Nigel Chester, aged 46, from Nottingham, suffered head injuries when he fell 13ft to the floor at Premier Foods, Claylands Avenue on May 1, last year.

The inquest in Nottingham heard Mr Chester, who worked for ADT Fire and Security, had a master key and walked through a door which had a sign warning of a four metre drop the other side.

He hit his head on a metal machine used to make gravy granules and OXO cubes.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/crime/engineer-died-at-worksop-food-factory-after-falling-into-a-void-behind-door-1-7011573

AnthonyB:
The door was to a proposed walkway that was never built, they just locked it rather than sealing it or blocking it up - it's just been prosecuted but I can't find a link

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version