THE REGULATORY REFORM (FIRE SAFETY) ORDER 2005 > Q & A

Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2004

(1/2) > >>

Simon Morriss:
For my sins I am reviewing the document published by "Jonny Two Jags" to present to the management.

Looking at the final section which details what peices of current legislation will be altered or removed I can not find any mention of the Fire Precautions (Workplace) as ammeded regs.

My question is what influence will this order have on this bit of legislation? :rolleyes:

Also what is the significant of calling it an "Order" and not regulation?

AnthonyB:
That's strange, the last draft I saw repealed virtually everything fire related ever published, including the FP(W)R and the FPA as that was the whole point of it.

I presume it is an Order rather than a Regulation as it repeals an Act of Parliament - a regulation is normally made under an Act and thus cannot remove it - no doubt some archaic piece of Parliamentary Law phraseology

Guest:
An order is certainly not an archaic piece of parliamentary law phraseology, as they derive from the Regulatory Reform Act 2001. For further info check http://www.parliament.uk/parliamentary_committees/regulatory_reform_committee.cfm

Simon Morriss:
AnthonyB

I down loaded this document from ODPM web site and wvwn though the Fire precautions in not mentioned I am sure the words are lifted from it.

Also when looking at the section on "Ammendments to Primary and secondate Legislation" it is not mentioned here.  Only the FP act of 1974 has mentioned and here it is withdrawn.

Simon

Guest:
Biker boy

See Schedule 5- Revocations on page 62...

You had me worried there for a minute.

Additionally an 'order' has exactly the same legislative weight as an 'Act'.
Having said that there are plently of other things wrong with it...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version