Author Topic: Btec - for training FF  (Read 4887 times)

Offline glucose

Btec - for training FF
« on: March 31, 2007, 04:33:00 PM »
hi, i have just started my Btec whilst carrying out my training for wholetime FF. Has anyone completed one of these resonantly? thanks for any help steve

Offline Rich

Btec - for training FF
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 11:32:19 AM »
Steve,

Can you clarify what BTEC you are studying - First Diploma/National Diploma in ..........??  Also you say you are training to be a Wholetime Firefighter, does this mean you are at a recognised training school or are you down the gym getting yourself in shape ready to apply to be a FF?
I am sorry if I offend anybody although if gold medals were dished out for it I would have quite a few!!

Offline glucose

Btec - for training FF
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 08:38:50 AM »
hi, I am in training school at the moment for WT FF....we are carrying out the Btec Level 3 in Emergency Fire Operations in the Community. Any one else in the same boat?thanls steve

Offline EricRobson

Btec - for training FF
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 06:32:44 PM »
Steve,

Don't you mean NVQ Level 3, sounds more appropriate.  I think you will find most F&RS's require Ff to complete this by the end of their 1st two years of service.

Eric
Retired now and loving it

Offline glucose

Btec - for training FF
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 07:09:36 AM »
No....we have to complete a btec level 3 during out intitial 13 weeks training then a nvq level 3 over our probation period of 2 years....sounds like not many people are in the same boat then?thanks steve

Offline Buster

Btec - for training FF
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 04:45:43 PM »
Steve, I'm just coming up to complete my 12 weeks training with South Wales FRS and we are doing the Btec as well.  All we had to do was successfully pass our module assessments and complete our Btec files (Key Skills).