Author Topic: Voice Evacuation and First Stage Alarm  (Read 4848 times)

Offline 93538

Voice Evacuation and First Stage Alarm
« on: December 13, 2006, 10:01:29 PM »
Hi -I work in a large department store that operates a 2 stage voice evacuation alarm. I have worked in many of our stores, and each store has had the same alarm system with an Intermittent 90 second phase where the alarm "chimes" and then full evac mode with the voice evac message if the cause of alarm is not found or panel not reset. Is it possible to customise alarm systems to have a generic system with the same company message? Each store has the company evacuation message recorded (used for bomb PA evac too) and there is the same system in our new stores. I'm just curious as how it is done -  the panel's have been made by Notifier and the system operated by BBC fire protection. Thanks

Offline Wiz

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 09:54:53 AM »
I'm not sure if I have understood your query and exactly what you are asking. But I'll answer what I think you are asking!
The pre-determined messages played over public address loudspeakers are normally part of the public address control and amplification system. In the very old days messages were stored on magnetic tape, but these days they are stored digitally in electronic circuitry. The playing of any message is normally automatically initiated by receiving a 'start' condition from whatever source the particular message relates to, for example, fire alarm control panel.
Recently, it has become common to use self-contained alarm warning sounders with a digital electronic message(s) stored in each individual sounder. These operate by connecting a power source to the device. No Public address amplifier or loudspeakers are required for this sort of system.
Whilst manufacturers of message modules for PA systems and self-contained voice evacuation sounders normally have a range of standard emergency and evacuation messages pre-recorded, they also normally provide a service where custom messages can also be provided.
Does the above answer your question?

Offline 93538

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 07:14:53 PM »
Thats great thanks alot!!!! I was just curious to how it worked! thanks :)