Author Topic: ADC score seniority ????????  (Read 5010 times)

Offline ladder

ADC score seniority ????????
« on: January 23, 2009, 05:54:46 PM »
This may sound like sour grapes but will ask the question anyway.Basically, I attended and passed the ITOP/ADC and received my final score accordingly. A few others on my station also passed but I received the highest score. The next phase of promotion is the command and control course and various other courses to enable us to take up a post. For various reasons the others on station have already taken and passed these courses. I could not make my course and have not been offered another since.A position has arisen on station for a shift swap as another watch has a crew manager vacancy. This is at present only temporary but will lead to a permanent position. I have discovered that one of the other cantidates on station has been offerede this position as they have attended more courses than me even though my ADC score is higher. Is this common practice or not ? If so, why bother giving individuals scores at all ? Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Offline rips

Re: ADC score seniority ????????
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 09:47:30 PM »
Have you asked management why you have not been offered the position.

The ADC scores should be kept confidential so how can you be sure you are the top scorer? Has someone confirmed this?

Remember there is often Service reasons behind moves, however hard it is too take
Any views I express are my own and not my employers. Still confused!