Author Topic: Recruiting  (Read 6654 times)

Offline BB

Recruiting
« on: January 07, 2010, 12:25:40 PM »
Hi

My cousin is interested in joining the Fire Service as a wholetime Fire fighter and is prepered to travel or relocate to any area.

Is anybody aware of any FRS carrying out any recruitment camapigns thoroughout the UK either now or in the near future.

Save a little money each month and at the end of the year you'll be surprised at how little you have :)

Midland Retty

Re: Recruiting
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 03:03:15 PM »
Hi BB

Many Brigades have temporarily ceased recruitment due to the current financial climate

www.fireservice.co.uk is an excellent website and is probably the best and most up-to-date source for individual brigade recruitment drives.

Failing that it is a case of contacting each brigade individually....

Im sure some of the the other firenetters here will know more...

Offline BB

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 04:58:30 PM »
Hi Midland Retty

Many thanks for the link I will pass on the web site link and your good advice.....BB
Save a little money each month and at the end of the year you'll be surprised at how little you have :)

Offline wyngwili

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 08:14:37 PM »
A word of warning that website {www.fireservice.co.uk} is way out of date when it comes to recruitment.  You have to check each brigades website often.  London have just closed their recruitment campaing for this year.  They recruited the same time last year.  So if I was you I would check their recruitment section from August onwards.  These windows aren't open for long.  Usually days in Manchesters case its hours. 

Offline John Webb

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 10:21:41 AM »
We had a Hertfordshire County Council Newsletter through our door on Friday (8th Jan) last week - had a whole page saying that Herts F&RS were just starting a recruitment drive. Try www.hertsdirect.org/firefighters.

Best wishes.
John Webb
Consultant on Fire Safety, Diocese of St Albans
(Views expressed are my own)

Offline Cat

• I can't wait to drive with flishy flashy woo woo's
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 12:56:16 PM »
I agree that the www.fireservice.co.uk site has a habit of being out of date.  I would be surprised if Manchester recruit soon as they have just cancelled a recruits course in Jan due to funding (so I've been made to believe). However they usually recruit in Jan, March and August when they do.

Offline BB

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 04:55:39 PM »
Thanks to all of you who have replied and given me some useful information it is very well received thank you.