Author Topic: High Pressure Sprays  (Read 8499 times)

High Pressure Sprays
« on: November 13, 2003, 03:23:17 PM »
Does anyone know of a supplier of a high pressure very fine spray system (similar to a pressure washer) that is used for some types of firefighting?.

I have also heard of some countries that are using this type of system in compartment firefighting. Anyone any knowledge / contacts / information.

:rolleyes:

Offline Coolfire1970

High Pressure Sprays
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2003, 07:18:20 PM »
there is a system call ifex 3000. i tried it and used it. pretty cool thing and it works brilliant. here is the link to there web page. you can choose language there.
http://www.ifex3000.de/

Offline Peter Wilkinson

• http://www.thefpa.co.uk
High Pressure Sprays
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2003, 07:56:54 PM »
Yes, I know of two manufacturers.  Marioff and Wormald both make water mist lances for manual fire-fighting, as well as the fixed systems.  I think they also do a system that incorporates water mist in a hose-reel type format.

I have just checked, but cannot find the lances on either website, but, have spoken to them both in the past, so am confident that they exist.  Give them a call.

www.marioff.com

www.wormald.co.uk/fire
(all the stuff I said above is purely my own personal view and in no way represents any official view of my employer)

Big Bird

High Pressure Sprays
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2005, 10:16:55 PM »
Rosenbauer do a system and have just supplied our brigade with one mounted in the rear of a Merc 4x4 Sprinter van

www.Rosenbauer.com

Offline Mr. P

High Pressure Sprays
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2005, 11:18:00 AM »
Good in confined space ie engine compts etc, I know several who have used them in anger.

Offline fireftrm

High Pressure Sprays
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2005, 12:48:38 PM »
Also by Fire Fogging see

www.firefighting.co.uk
My posts reflect my personal views and beliefs and not those of my employer. If I offend anyone it is usually unintentional, please be kind. If it is intentional I guess it will be clear!