Author Topic: Hopefully more soon? BS5446 Pt3  (Read 25306 times)

Offline Gel

Hopefully more soon? BS5446 Pt3
« on: November 26, 2003, 05:33:41 PM »
Sad all those past posts have gone, but perhaps we'll be able to retrieve some of that very useful data.

:!: The draft for Deaf Alarms BS5446 Pt 3 2004, is going out for comment now, and hopefully will be published as new BS next year some time.

So that'sPart 1 for smoke alarms, Part 2 is the fairly recently published
Heat Alarm Standard. :rolleyes:

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2003, 08:00:10 PM »
..... and the question was........?

Offline Gel

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2003, 09:10:42 PM »
No question Mr Todd, as my original subject header suggests.
Just dis semintaing information relevant to those in CFS,
as a BBS is intended to..

..... and the question was........?

Offline colin todd

• Civilianize enforcement -you know it makes sense.
    • http://www.cstodd.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2003, 10:55:58 PM »
Mr Todd! How very formal. Nice to be treated with respect for once though. Its probably just me, but it always seems a bit patronising to tell people who didn't ask anything the answer to a question. Anyway, all that aside, did you like the wee standard?
Colin Todd, C S Todd & Associates

Offline colin todd

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2003, 04:25:58 PM »
Just on a point of accuracy, BS 5446-3 has NOT yet been released for public comment. However, BS 5839-6 was released for public comment on 16 December. You read it here first!

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2004, 09:46:41 AM »
Just on a point of accuracy, BS 5446-3 has NOT yet been released for public comment. However, BS 5839-6 was released for public comment on 16 December. You read it here first!

colin, i cant find the draft/consultation document for 5839-6 - any pointers please

dave bev

oncs@fbu-ho.org.uk

happy new year !!

Offline colin todd

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2004, 12:00:58 PM »
Yo Davey, Happy new year and a plague of locusts to the FBU for 2004. The draft was published on 16 December. I am not sure where you are looking, but it should be available from BSI sales. Their document reference is 03/119007 DC. If you get stuck feel free to revert, and I will try to assist. I am reluctant to send you a copy as a result of copyright issues, but let me know if you get really stuck, know what I mean 'arry.

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2004, 05:07:59 PM »
colin, thanks for your warm comments to the fbu, it was little disconcerting though to have to pay for a draft consultation document, still i suppose thats the fault of bsi and not those 'engaged' to produce the draft. no doubt you will be hearing or receiving comments in the near future with regards to not just the contents of the draft!

dave bev

Offline colin todd

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2004, 11:30:04 PM »
Davey, It goes free to all bodies represented on the relevant BSI committees. We also, ourselves, consulted masses of interested parties as part of the drafting process, including some that, contractually, we were not required to consult. It doesn't seem unreasonable to me that they charge a small fee for others who wish to comment-I purchase drafts quite often myself. But its not up to me to defend BSI. Anyhow, I hope you like the draft. The more people that comment on the contents the better.

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2004, 06:24:23 PM »
colin, hopefully our paths may cross sooner rather than later, it would probably be more useful to actually explain any comments the fbu might make verbally, as well as submitting through the consultation process so it can be seen as a positive contribution.

have you been made aware of the draft guidance re adult placement schemes, that has been worked up by those responsible for the scheme along with some 'others'. i think its being released very soon if it already hasnt been

dave bev

Offline colin todd

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2004, 03:12:09 AM »
Yo Davey. While I am happy to listen to FBU comments, it is not really necessary to make them to me, as I am but one member of the relevant committee. I am sure all comments will be regarded in a positive way. One of the nice things I have always liked about British Standards is that the comments of a little old lady with nothing better to do than comment are treated as equally relevant and important to those of ICI. The important thing is that comments are made, so that the standard will be an acceptable reflection of good custom and practice for its 5 year life.

I have not come across the draft to which you refer.

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2004, 09:35:02 AM »
perhaps thats because those little ladies have sticks they carry around with them from time to time. they have ingenious ways of using those sticks to get their own back, or their point of view heard without actually 'hitting' with them.

if you em me i'll send a draft if you want one, though im sure its out and about somewhere? (anthony burd et al will have one)

Offline colin todd

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2004, 06:37:34 PM »
Davey, I bow to your superior experience of little old ladies, although I trust you are not referring the the President of the FBU. What is your email address; I would be interested in the draft to which you refer, as it might be prudent to consider the needs of these premises in BS 5839.

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2004, 03:21:44 PM »
colin, as requested, though im away for a lot of next week

oncs@fbu-ho.org.uk

dave bev

Offline colin todd

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2004, 10:56:25 PM »
Thanks Davey. By the way, why don't you register and then your email details, etc will be available on the members list.