Author Topic: Firefigther interview Lothian and Borders Fire and rescue Service  (Read 3860 times)

Offline lbfrsedinburgh

Hi

Iam just on to se if there was anyone who had the interview for Lothian and Border around 04 Feb 08 as I unfortnatly failed mine and I was wondering if there was anyone on who had there and could remember any of the question or where they found good sources of information where, or anyone who nos any good books, dvds, courses, cd roms, anythin really that will help me get through being a firefighter has been my lifes dream since I was a boy and gettin so close and then faling was crushing but iam going for it again june of this year and would love any help i can get in passing this stage.

Thanks

darren

Offline rp

Firefigther interview Lothian and Borders Fire and rescue Service
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 11:48:02 AM »
Hello,

Yeah I had the interview back then and also failed.
There is another thread similar to this one with some replies that may help.

I have just recently passed the interview for a different brigade and the best advice I can give is to get a list of all the required PQA's (available on on some brigade websites) and make sure you match them up with the answer that you give.
Also I purchased a DVD from the how 2 become website which was purely for the interview. It costs about £20 and only last for half an hour but there is some helpful stuff on there such as the moch interview.

Hope this helps.

Offline lbfrsedinburgh

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 11:55:26 AM »
yeh ive got that dvd already and looked throught it, who did u just pass with, ive still got the letter from the interview and ive been thinkin of example i can give is it best just to gte as meny of the pqas in when answering the qeustion

Offline rp

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 02:12:23 PM »
As far as im aware they are marking you on showing you have the relevant PQA's.
So yes bascially get as many of them as you can into your answers.

I just passed with West Midlands. They asked more than 1 question on each PQA so this was much better. Although the interview was twice as long it gave you more opportunity to prove you had the relevant PQA's.

Offline lbfrsedinburgh

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 06:55:16 PM »
Well dome rp thats brilliant mate bets of luck to you what did you do to pratise iam dying to get into the service and i cant believe i messed it up can u remember any of the qeustions they asked at the interview