Author Topic: BAA Interview  (Read 100702 times)

Offline Harwichfire

BAA Interview
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2008, 05:45:36 PM »
Can i ask a few random questions please. Do you do alot of fitness drills up at teeside, or is it mostly in the classroom? Whilst your on a night shift at stanstead or any other baa airport, what sort of things do you do? Has anyone else got through there fitness and interviews at stanstead yet?

Offline graham31

BAA Interview
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2008, 09:26:09 PM »
Quote from: swiftfire
The first 3 levels you can slow jog...You all run together so work together in terms of pacing and encourage each other, it can make a big difference! All the best.
When i did the bleep test i was the only one who done the slow jog for the first 3 or 4 levels.Everyone else ran and had to wait for the bleep.
So don't run with the crowd keep to your own pace get in a rhythm don't get caught up way the others you'll soon be running with them once the levels start to go up and that were you'll feel the benefit of starting out slow

Offline firedaven41

BAA Interview
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2008, 06:51:33 AM »
Hi all

I failed the bleep test!! Well gutted, back to normal job for 18 months now until they recruit again. Thanks for all your advice though.

Offline Fireguy1230

BAA Interview
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2008, 07:15:31 AM »
Nightmare mate, really sorry to hear that.

If you don't mind me asking, how far did you get?

Offline gonzofire

BAA Interview
« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2008, 08:54:33 AM »
Hi firedave41,

Sorry to hear you didn't pass the fitness test, what airport was you going for? well you have now got 18 months to get really fit, good luck for next timem {;0)

Offline swiftfire

BAA Interview
« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2008, 09:16:39 PM »
Sorry to hear that mate. Was it a close call?!

Offline graham31

BAA Interview
« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2008, 11:45:15 PM »
sorry to hear that firedaven 3months training i thought you'd nail it.
How far you get?
I didn't make it by the final interview and i've been waiting till Glasgow recruit again.Think i have a year to go haha

Offline firedaven41

BAA Interview
« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2008, 03:44:48 AM »
I got to 8.4 and i was nakerd by then! Bit disappointed, but pleased with myself as 3 months ago i couldn't get a 6!! I was going for Stanstead.

The guys at Stanstead said Stanstead wouldn't be recruiting for at least 18 months, so hope Gatwick or Heathrow recruit again before that.

Dave

Offline graham31

BAA Interview
« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2008, 11:01:22 PM »
Quote from: firedaven41
I got to 8.4 and i was nakerd by then! Bit disappointed, but pleased with myself as 3 months ago i couldn't get a 6!! I was going for Stanstead.

The guys at Stanstead said Stanstead wouldn't be recruiting for at least 18 months, so hope Gatwick or Heathrow recruit again before that.

Dave
how old are you just out of interest?

Offline Harwichfire

BAA Interview
« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2008, 06:10:43 PM »
Sorry to hear that firedaven. Has anyone got any idea how many people got throught the fitness and interviews at stanstead. and did they mention to anyone when they are looking to be doing medicals etc?

Offline firedaven41

BAA Interview
« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2008, 01:40:39 AM »
I am 21.

I think so far only 3 have failed at Stanstead, but that's not definite, the PTI said to me that 2 women had failed, then i did as well, so just guessing. He also said that Stanstead is pretty full, and they wont be needing many people from this recruitment campaign.

Offline GaryC

BAA Interview
« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2008, 10:03:22 PM »
Hello everyone just found this thread. I also went for the stansted fitness test and interview on Monday 23rd. Sorry to hear you didn't get in firedaven. Im sure you'll ace it next time :-) Has anyone who passed thinterview had any confirmation that they are on the waiting list?

Also does anyone here work at Stansted?

Offline Harwichfire

BAA Interview
« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2008, 10:10:15 PM »
hi gary what time did you go, mine was at 11-1, no havent had any confirmation yet, they told me on the day tho i had passed both, so just waiting. what about u? did they tell u anything on the day?

Offline ipswich

BAA Interview
« Reply #73 on: July 08, 2008, 11:42:07 AM »
hi i also passed at stansted on the 25th still waiting to hear ,does anyone no if they have got any further or more information ect would like to no even if it means ive got to wait,cheers

Offline Col_MH

BAA Interview
« Reply #74 on: July 08, 2008, 12:19:48 PM »
I also passed on the 25th at Stansted and am waiting for confirmation. Glad there are some others, was starting to panic. Does anyone know how many are going to be on the waiting list?