Author Topic: Manstone Airport  (Read 40741 times)

Offline Nathan

Manstone Airport
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2006, 12:14:44 AM »
Why can firefighters in the airport fire service wear glasses but in the LA fire service they can't?
Keep Believing

Iron 4 Ever

messy

Manstone Airport
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2006, 11:20:53 PM »
FFs in LA FRS can wear glasses.

I was issued with 2 pairs of 'attractive' toughened glasses and two BA facemask insert lenses.

Offline kurnal

• http://www.peakland-fire-safety.co.uk
Manstone Airport
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2006, 11:10:17 PM »
I was issued with a pair of rose tinted glasses when I joined but found that post 2002 my fairy castles eventually turned to rubbish dumps...

messy

Manstone Airport
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2006, 09:06:27 PM »
Quote from: kurnal
I was issued with a pair of rose tinted glasses when I joined but found that post 2002 my fairy castles eventually turned to rubbish dumps...
Having a bad day!!??

Offline Matt Akers

Manstone Airport
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2006, 03:28:33 PM »
Although glasses are a very important topic, I would like to bring the subject back around to the title of this post. I have herd on the aviation grape vines that Manstone Airport are maybe taking Firefighters back on!!!
Any of my posts are in no way endorsed by my Brigade. Stay safe!

Offline Game on

Manstone Airport
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2007, 06:32:43 AM »
Any update on what the situation is at Manston now?

Offline blazing_air

• http://www.kiafire.org.uk
Manstone Airport
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2007, 08:13:08 PM »
Update....
Since the Airport went into administration, Infratil Airports Europe Ltd have taken over. They are a failry large company based in New Zealand and listed on the NZ stock exchange. Who also run and own Glasgow Prestwick.
After the dreadfull day when we lost half the Fire Service ( 31 down to 16 ), we have managed over the last year to claw ourselves back to a strength of 21 (Including the S.A.F.O)
Passenger flights are still in the early stages, but freight has increased month on month to around just over 3000 tonnes pcm and increasing.
The Fire Service has bounced back and are looking to the future, when hopefully, we can get back to the strength that we were when things went horribly wrong.
A new website has been created detailing the RFFS at Manston ( please note spelling - no e on the end ) over the years.
www.kiafire.org.uk
....and the Airport thankfully has gone back to it's original name of "Kent International Airport"
 ps - MODS could you please correct the spelling of Manstone to Manston - many thanks :-)

Offline Game on

Manstone Airport
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2007, 04:42:31 AM »
Glad to hear that Manston is gradually getting back on its feet again. As I live in the area I'll be happy to see it offering more flights.

Do you think you'll get back to the 31 ff's any time soon?

Offline blazing_air

Manstone Airport
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2007, 11:01:44 AM »
That all depends on what the marketing team have in store for the next 12 months, regarding new business.
We are looking to recruit another 2 Fftrs in the next couple of months, to get us through the summer season, but that decision is still with management, awaiting approval.

Offline Game on

Manstone Airport
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2007, 10:48:07 PM »
I wrote to the SAFO about a month ago asking if there were any vacancies or plans to recruit soon. I had a letter back from HR saying that I should check the website regularly for any ff jobs. Do you think this is the best way or will they be advertised in the local press or both?

Offline blazing_air

Manstone Airport
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2007, 11:46:58 AM »
Any jobs going will be advertised on the KIA Website and normally in the FIRE magazine. If we do get the go ahead for another 2 positions i'll post it on this forum as well, so long as the mods don't mind.
www.kia-m.com - airport website
www.kiafire.org.uk - airport fire website