Author Topic: mf 4000 help  (Read 3601 times)

Offline jasonh

mf 4000 help
« on: October 19, 2007, 08:00:52 PM »
hope someone can help.i`ve got a menvier mf4000 which has a "battery open circuit".batteries are ok and i`ve fitted a new(spare)charger but fault will not clear.checked the battery monitering lead and do not have the 0.5v needed but if batts and charger are new then can`t see why the fault will not clear unless a monitering componenet has gone on the main pcb.tried menvier but still waiting.
thanks.

Offline Benzerari

• http://benzerari.tripod.com/fas/
mf 4000 help
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 11:15:51 PM »
Also try the internal reset button at PCB level, as far as I remember faults still memorised till you reset the system from inside. it is a kind of square black reset push button at PCB level. ( for menvier panels )

Otherwise, test the batteries fuse's continuity, their cables continuity, or try to power down the system and back ON. this may help :)

Offline jasonh

mf 4000 help
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 12:55:31 PM »
thanks for the reply but tried all of these.not booked in till tuesday if anyone can help clear this.
forgot to say that if mains supply is removed(just running on batts)the fault is removed untill the mains is restored.

Offline Benzerari

• http://benzerari.tripod.com/fas/
mf 4000 help
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 09:28:03 PM »
Quote from: jasonh
thanks for the reply but tried all of these.not booked in till tuesday if anyone can help clear this.
forgot to say that if mains supply is removed(just running on batts)the fault is removed untill the mains is restored.
It is not really clear what you are stating, do you mean the system is running by batteries only without mains? in that case the fault would not clear because 'supply fault' could be the 'batteries fault' or the 'mains supply fault'. and both of them have to be restored to clear the 'supply fault'.

Offline Allen Higginson

mf 4000 help
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 12:39:41 PM »
Quote from: jasonh
The original fault is that the panel is indicating a battery open circuit fault when the panel should be sitting normally (ie - mains on/battery on).
However,when the mains is removed the panel does not indicate an open circuit battery fault (correct me if I'm wrong there Jason!).
From this it would appear to me to be a problem with the charger initially but,as you have already replaced it,I think that you are right in assuming that it's some sort of on board CPU fault - I take it you tried the master reset button on the pcb (as suggested by Benzerari - sorry if stating the obvious!).