Author Topic: third party certification for fire risk assessors - will it take off?  (Read 24189 times)

Offline nearlythere

Re: third party certification for fire risk assessors - will it take off?
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2014, 05:52:34 AM »
NT  based on the evidence before us, I take it that you refer to the inadeqacy of the Scottish education system.
On the evidence before us that would be in the affirmative K. But not all of Scotland. Just the schools my wife did not attend.
We're not Brazil we're Northern Ireland.

Offline longjohn

« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2014, 11:37:15 AM »
Ultimately you seek TPC to get more work.

I did it, we got no additional jobs through having it. In fact no one even knew or cared about it.

If you want more work, give the money you would spend on TPC to a decent marketer and SEO expert.

Drive traffic to your website and list your credentials on there.

You are about right there Piglet, although I got TPC for other reasons, certainly not for acquiring work, I have a good client base. One reason was to distance myself from the cowboys and the other was to give myself something additional to stand up to those jackbooted, inexperienced ex dustbinmen now operating as I/O's on the cheap by Fire Authorities. As for the IFE register anyone with a surname starting with A gets first shot if someone goes on it (unless its changed recently) everyone  registered probably said they can work in all geographical areas and as such the searches that people make just throw up names alphabetically, as my surname starts with a W I would have no chance even if I wanted to use it for acquiring work!!!

Offline mevans421

« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2014, 01:14:54 PM »
Longjohn

I made comment to the IFE about what I considered to be the ridiculousness of the way the IFE register is listed.  That is to say that the vast majority of those listed say they will work anywhere and consequently you look up (say) the South West of England and somebody in Scotland is listed - ridiculous!! 

I believe sourcing locally is best (within a 100 mile radius) and certainly, if I were sourcing for anything for myself I would source locally, so when matters arise, (like they so often do) I can grab the contractor by the balls and rectify the matter sooner rather than later.

I hope the IFE consider the matter again in the near future.

Asking stupid questions has taught me alot!

Offline Dinnertime Dave

« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2014, 07:52:18 PM »
Longjohn

I made comment to the IFE about what I considered to be the ridiculousness of the way the IFE register is listed.  That is to say that the vast majority of those listed say they will work anywhere and consequently you look up (say) the South West of England and somebody in Scotland is listed - ridiculous!! 

I believe sourcing locally is best (within a 100 mile radius) and certainly, if I were sourcing for anything for myself I would source locally, so when matters arise, (like they so often do) I can grab the contractor by the balls and rectify the matter sooner rather than later.

I hope the IFE consider the matter again in the near future.

I totally agree with your comments, my brigade will only point people towards third party accredited assessors, the problem I have is that they can't find the local one.

Offline longjohn

« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2014, 10:15:38 AM »
That's right, all the IFE need to do is make the enquirers  'hits' to the register regional to the assessors in that area first and then further afield, as I say at the moment anyone on the register with their name beginning with 'A' gets all of the hits first no matter where they are. If anyone wants to use the register for acquiring work interest well, until the IFE change it I suggest they change their name to Aaron Aardvark! that should do the trick!!!