Author Topic: Ladder Testing  (Read 10928 times)

Offline Jock

Ladder Testing
« on: October 19, 2004, 05:53:41 PM »
Good evening everybody,
I am corresponding from the Persian Gulf & would appreciate some assistance with ladder testing info. required asap.

Require details on British Standards, Technical Bulletins especially on MONTHLY & ANNUAL Test Procedures.

Due to our location, we have no test records / equipment registers etc. etc.
It would be appreciated if correspondence could be related to the following ladders:

9.5m, 10.5 & 13.5 Extending Ladders.

All correspondence will be acknowledged. Many thanks for your time & assitance.
Best regards
Jock McArthur.
ewan mcarthur

Offline Billy

Ladder Testing
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2004, 06:15:09 PM »
Certain manufacturers have different inspection regulations, but usually the ladders you mention have a visual inspection and also a deflection test.

I have details of the tests of Angus-Sacol ladders if that is any good to you?

Offline fireftrm

Ladder Testing
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2004, 01:11:32 PM »
For full UK details of testing and inspection of equipment you need the following book, producedby HM Fire Service Inspectorate Publications Section and available from The StationeryOffice. (0044 207 873 9090)

Technical Bulletin 1/1994

Title
 Periodic Inspection and Testing of Fire Service Equipment

ISBN & cost
 0-11-341097-2  £6.00

Content
 This Bulletin contains recommendations for the periodic inspection and testing of Fire Service equipment. The recommendations contained in this Technical Bulletin are a revision of and a replacement for the "Standard Tests" previously contained in the Fire Service Drill Book, which has now been superseded.
My posts reflect my personal views and beliefs and not those of my employer. If I offend anyone it is usually unintentional, please be kind. If it is intentional I guess it will be clear!

Offline ernie ewen

Ladder Testing
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005, 09:24:13 PM »
Hi hope to help you here as tb 1/94 is being re written as a lot of brigades are making up there own systems complying to H&S legislation. a BSEN for ladder is BS EN 1147 - Portable Ladders For Fire Service Use. is the most current as JCDD standards are being done away with. I will try e-mail you with an electronic copy