Author Topic: Thermal Camera  (Read 7301 times)

Offline Paul

Thermal Camera
« on: August 05, 2005, 08:53:47 PM »
The last thermal camera I used was an Argus 1st generation unit, very good, but a little limited.

I would be interested to know if anyone has recently bought a modern version, or if there are any other such units that are even better??

Any info appreciated.

Paul

Offline Darren Sutherland

• http://BAA.com
Thermal Camera
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 07:29:11 AM »
We have recently purchased the Argus 3, (you may have already checked this out), the reponse from the team has been very positive, it enables you to take downloadable digital stills which are very good for operational/exercise debriefs etc. There is also a lot of various software which can be purchased to futher assist you. If you require any further info. drop me an e-mail and I can forward what I have       ( specifications, feedback and costs). Hope this helps.

Offline fireftrm

Thermal Camera
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2005, 09:32:22 AM »
The ODPM bought the Argus 3 too, for every FRS in England. Should be enough to give a TIC for each front line appliance (allowing for existing FRS TICs)
My posts reflect my personal views and beliefs and not those of my employer. If I offend anyone it is usually unintentional, please be kind. If it is intentional I guess it will be clear!

Offline Paul

Thermal Camera
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2005, 09:39:43 AM »
Thnaks for this info Guys.

I must admit it was the one I was most interested in, although wondered if anyone had used an alternative.

Viking

Thermal Camera
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2005, 10:52:03 AM »
I was part of the USAR working group that evaluated all the USAR equipment for ND.  The Argus 3 was by far the best TIC we tested and is probably the best on the market at present.  There are so many things it can do it should meet any one's needs.

Offline Lee999

Thermal Camera
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2005, 02:42:11 PM »
I wonder why the Argus 3 is such an unusual design, it looks like a steering wheel!
My Watch are trialing one at the moment. Think the guys prefered the old 'pistol grip' design.

Offline Paul

Thermal Camera
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2005, 11:50:19 AM »
Agree Lee,

Although its feature packed it's design seems somewhat arcade game.

P

Offline pugh

Thermal Camera
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2005, 11:35:29 AM »
Just bought an MSA Evolution 5000.  Not had chance to play with it yet though but if its any good I'll let you know.