FIRE SERVICE AND GENERAL FIRE SAFETY TOPICS > Fire Investigation

Surrey F&RSs fire investigation report - Clandon Park (29 Apr 2015)

<< < (2/2)

Fire Monkey:
I read the report with interest but felt that there were some factors not mentioned or explained fully :
* I have heard that loss of power was a regular occurrence and staff know which fuse board to look at as it happened so often -  no mention as to why the faults were not reported
* I have heard that 999 was not called immediately - not mention of why not and what this delay meant 
* Did the fuse contain asbestos and had it been specifically tested under a 5 year fixed wire test.
* No comment on why no one managing the building took on board the lack of compartmentalisation in the electrical report
* How many apms where going through the board under normal conditions - was power use a contributing factor?
* The report notes more than one 999 call was received but gives no details
* Listed nature not mentioned. - factors on risk/protection etc Did the presence on insufficient lath and plaster contribute to a lack of compartmentalisation and to fire spread?
* Flat roof not mentioned - factors on risk/protection etc - did it make a difference?
* No mention of level odf detection in the area where the fire started
* Was the FRA sufficient?

I think that over tightening can cause the threads of the wire to come loose - this would loosen the connection.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version