Author Topic: Agenda For Change: Restructuring of pay and conditions  (Read 8661 times)

Offline Cnic1

Agenda For Change: Restructuring of pay and conditions
« on: March 24, 2006, 11:43:46 AM »
I am a Fire Safety Advisor, employed by a NHS Trust in Sussex.  I received my 'Agenda For Change' notification today and I am at the top level of Band 5.  This means that, apart from the annual cost of living increases, I have no opportunity to improve my income.  I would be grateful for an indication from other Fire Safety Advisors, as to their banding.  If you have achieved Band 6 or above, would you please let me know?

Offline FORRIE

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 02:20:22 PM »
What a mess this has caused! Fire Advisors with dual roles as Fire/Security Officers, Fire Advisors with dual roles as Fire Advisor/Health & Safety Officers, banding ranging from Band 5  to  Band 7 a difference of £11,000 in yearly salary. Fire Advisors coming from Ex-Fire Service, Maintenance Departments[ NHS] EX-ARMY, AIR FORCE.
SOME WITH A GREAT DEAL OF EXPERIENCE, others with no experience. FIRE TRAINERS BEING APPOINTED IN ADDITION TO FIRE ADVISORS. NOW THERE IS A NEW ANIMAL CALLED THE FIRE SAFETY MANAGER, have you appointed one in your Trust yet?

Offline Cnic1

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 02:54:21 PM »
First of all, Forrie, thank you for taking the trouble to respond.  I can understand the principle of the Agenda for Change fiasco, in attempting to provide a fair day's pay for a fair day's work.  However, it has caused a lot of unrest and a lowering of morale in our department.  Originally, the Health & Safety Advisors and I (Fire Safety Advisor) were pegged at Band 5.  
Having gone through the lengthy appeal process, during which I realised that I really do all of the stuff that I was claiming to do and more besides, my appeal was rejected and I remain at Band 5.  My Health & Safety colleagues were bumped up to Band 6 on appeal (good luck and well done to them, by the way).  So, that's it.  I can go no further, as I am at the top of Band 5.
Our "Fire Section" of the Risk Management Dept. comprises an Assistant Risk Manager (Fire Safety) - part time, a Fire Safety Advisor - full time and a Fire Training Officer - part time.  The Head of Risk Management has claimed the title of Fire Safety Manager, although her background is health and safety.
I am a retired Fire Service Fire Safety Inspecting Officer with a wealth of experience to offer.  I would have liked this to be a long-term post but I am, in fact, currently looking for another job.  I have had enough.  The NHS has won!

Offline Cnic1

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 01:05:13 PM »
By way of an update, I have accepted the post of Fire Safety Advisor in another NHS Trust, who are offering Band 7.  All's well that ends well.  Regards to all.

Offline FORRIE

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 10:24:12 AM »
Cnic1, this is a bit late, but congratualations, hope you have happy with your new post. There are still a lot of appeals regarding Agenda for Change were I resort, sorry work!!!
You can now use your vast Fire Service experience to good effect well done.