Author Topic: recruiting  (Read 4847 times)

Offline Edward

recruiting
« on: July 03, 2006, 12:45:06 PM »
hi....

i know this might be a bit strange, but what is the chance of becoming a fireman in a british fire brigade if you're maltese and live in malta (but willing to move to the uk).

i'm currently in charge of the fire section in the delta division within the st john rescue corps (malta). really want to join a british brigade. not really bothered about wage as long as i can survive off wot i get.

would really like to join a brigade there, got the advanced fire training, willing to get it officially in the uk (am sure different procedures due to different building structures even though we train on the fire service manual standards).

what are the chance and with what brigade? is it a good idea me wanting to join and trying? whats the life like as a fireman there?

Offline cheekymonkey

recruiting
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 10:08:58 AM »
hi,
i dont know if you or your service may have an agreement to transfer into a service in the uk, i doubt it but there are other routes into the service,
i.e airport fire service are recruiting most off the time and especially if you join the BAA group the wages are higher than local authority fire service ( but money not everything )
getting into a fire training department like nutec at aberdeen, there are a few instuctors who are ex fire service and use this route to join the AFS
hope that is of some use to you?

Offline burgdog

recruiting
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 08:39:17 PM »
Hi,
    New member to the site as i dont really know what is going on on here yet! anyway ill get on with my question. can anyone help me with my situation? i have recently recieved a letter from the MOD fire service asking me to attend the written assessments and i was just wondering which type they would be? are they the new NFA tests or are they the old tests? thanx

Offline Rich

recruiting
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 10:32:55 AM »
Hi Burgdog,

Welcome to the forum, firstly I don't know the answer to your question but perhaps one of the moderators could kindly repost this thread on the TRAINING OR RECRUITMENT forum where hopefully your post will be answered.  Good luck!!
I am sorry if I offend anybody although if gold medals were dished out for it I would have quite a few!!