Author Topic: Command and Control Simulator  (Read 6438 times)

Offline ian gough

Command and Control Simulator
« on: February 15, 2007, 04:09:19 PM »
I'm a bit out of touch on these issues; however, can anyone point me in the right direction as to who provides computer simulation programmes for firefighting and command and control exercises etc?

Thanks in anticipation.

Offline Peter Wilkinson

• http://www.thefpa.co.uk
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 05:10:03 PM »
Vector Command seem to be the market leaders in this field.  I used to have some dealings with James Williams, 023 9244 9100, jhrw@vectorcommand.com but that was about 5 years ago now.

http://www.vectorcommand.com/
(all the stuff I said above is purely my own personal view and in no way represents any official view of my employer)

Offline ian gough

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 11:24:52 AM »
That is helpful Peter - thank you.

Offline fireftrm

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 12:55:47 PM »
Also Minerva Hhydra contact Lancashire Fire and Rscue training at Washington Hall, or the FSC Moreton, who both run it.
My posts reflect my personal views and beliefs and not those of my employer. If I offend anyone it is usually unintentional, please be kind. If it is intentional I guess it will be clear!

Offline John Webb

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2007, 12:01:50 PM »
Has anyone ever produced a Fire Control simulator program for public use in the same way that, for example, railway enthusiasts have a large number of signal box/railway control simulations? Or are there so much fewer fire service enthusiasts that it isn't worth anyone's time & expense to do it?
John Webb
Consultant on Fire Safety, Diocese of St Albans
(Views expressed are my own)

Offline Billy

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2007, 05:59:06 PM »
Ian

I have info on Vector, Minerva/ hydra and also tactical decision exercises that are every bit as good as any simulator if used correctly.
If you e-mail me and let me know precisely the target audience and what you hope to achieve, I may be able to help.