Author Topic: Maritime Fire Codes pertaining to Fabric  (Read 6006 times)

Offline DConine

Maritime Fire Codes pertaining to Fabric
« on: June 15, 2007, 06:14:39 PM »
I work for an industrial fabric manufacturer and I am trying to locate information as it applies to maritime fire safety & fabric.  I handle an outdoor performance fabric, WeatherMax, used for awnings and marine applications.  We do have a fire retardant version that conforms to NFPA701:2004.  I have been researching the fire codes for large marine vessels, cruise ships, etc.  I have yet to find a source for fire codes and regulations as they pertain to fabric on these vessels.  If you could provide me with any information or point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Fishy

Maritime Fire Codes pertaining to Fabric
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 09:36:59 PM »
If it's for marine applications, your first point-of-call should always be the International Maritime Organisation (IMO).  Info. on fire safety requirements can be found at www.imo.org/Home.asp?topic_id=821

Try giving them a call, or if you're in London, go and see them!

Quote from: DConine
I work for an industrial fabric manufacturer and I am trying to locate information as it applies to maritime fire safety & fabric.  I handle an outdoor performance fabric, WeatherMax, used for awnings and marine applications.  We do have a fire retardant version that conforms to NFPA701:2004.  I have been researching the fire codes for large marine vessels, cruise ships, etc.  I have yet to find a source for fire codes and regulations as they pertain to fabric on these vessels.  If you could provide me with any information or point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.