Author Topic: The best tool for anyone looking to pass the firefighter Interview  (Read 18571 times)

Offline lbfrsedinburgh

The best tool for anyone looking to pass the firefighter Interview
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2008, 07:39:45 PM »
Thanks for that toby ive done tests that are some what similar to that but no the the grip or pull test or the BA rat run test, what is excatly involveed in that ive been in BA in cages before for one of the other Fire Services I applied for is it similar to that. I have lots of time to pratice and hopefully get to the stage I can pass them. I was also wondering is there an interview stage for BAA Firefighter jobs and what exatly will it be on and what will it involve?

Would the fire station at the airport in edinburgh let me practise some of the tests there do you think?

Offline toby14483

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2008, 07:53:03 PM »
The BA thing, basically slap a set on you you that has has the visor blacked out. Go through a cage course, which has a few narrow tunnells in. Fairly easy really.

Offline lbfrsedinburgh

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2008, 08:13:28 PM »
ok i see then I have done something like this before in previous tests is it in pairs or is it done on your own?

Alot of different Fire Service have different version of doing this test so Iam just trying to get a good idea of the BAA one.

Do you have any information for me on the interview stage of the BAA recruitment process?

Offline White_elephant

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2008, 10:38:52 PM »
The interview for the BAA firefighter jobs is pretty much the same as LFS interviews, I have sat both, things they look for, team players, flexibility in your work, good communicator, practical thinking (methodical), dont sweat about the interview with BAA, dont use the same job for all the work related examples of where you did this, when you had to do that type questions, be friendly but not over the top, confident but not cocky, and have a list of questions that you want to ask, keep your answers short but give them enough info to give them what they are looking for, dont waffle, a good firm handshake if its offered (which it will be), dont just look at the person who asked the question when you are replying, there will probably 3 people interviewing you, look at them all whn you reply, basic interview stuff really fella, good luck!

Offline White_elephant

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2008, 10:41:10 PM »
I didnt do a rat run on my testing day, double check that you will be, if you are, they will send you in one after the other, you wont be able to follow the person in front as you wont be able to see! It will take a few seconds to get used to breathing through the set (if you go undr air), you will be fine, use you hands/arms/feet to feel your way around and listen to what they tell you in the brief before you go in, and also if they say anything on the way round, piece of cake pal.

Offline lbfrsedinburgh

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2008, 01:07:52 PM »
cheers white elephant that really help I really want to get into the fire service and I have considered joining BAA before If they are recruiting next year for BAA Edinburgh Iam gonna go for it. I have started going round to my local station to pratise all the events for the job related  test and hopefully should pass it allow I think I need alot more pratice on the interview stage.

any suggestions?

Offline White_elephant

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2008, 10:48:58 AM »
Fella, you cant so much practice for the interview and just be prepared for it, im sure someone will correct me though! Have some questions ready to ask them that are relevant, dont ask about the salaries!!
If they ask for job related examples of when you have done certain things, dont use the same job, vary it, it shows you have done whats required in all your jobs not just one.
Other than that, a warm firm handshake if its offered and look them in the eye when you speak, you will be fine!