Author Topic: Jobs as a fire fighter  (Read 8161 times)

Offline ffdobson

Jobs as a fire fighter
« on: March 09, 2005, 09:05:48 PM »
Hey everyone just joined the forum. I am a retained fire fighter from Cheshire and have been for the last 3 years.

I am desperate to join a fire fighter team in either the local authiorty, airport, or an industry fire service and wondered if any of you guys know of anywhere that are recruiting or could give me any idea where i could send my CV off to.

Help would be very much appreciated.

Offline dave bev

Jobs as a fire fighter
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2005, 08:56:31 AM »
the cfoa site advertises vacancies - yes even firefighter vacancies from time to time - personally id email every fire authority and ask them - i suppose the same could be said for other 'firefighter employers' ?

dave bev

Offline fireftrm

Jobs as a fire fighter
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 05:51:02 PM »
I would also point out that as a RT duty employee you should be eligible for a transfer (though with some sifting/testing). Ask that of your and other services. Consider the NVQ as another route to assist with demonstrating your competence, you will alrerady have plenty of evidence (APL/APEL).

I know of a couple of services doing transfer testing already - ask around.

PS and keep in the FBU for more info, maybe ask them to find out about tranferring already going on as they are invovled where it is happening.
My posts reflect my personal views and beliefs and not those of my employer. If I offend anyone it is usually unintentional, please be kind. If it is intentional I guess it will be clear!