Author Topic: Buncefield mobilising  (Read 17093 times)

Offline b217bravo

Buncefield mobilising
« on: December 15, 2005, 05:49:17 PM »
In the aftermath of Buncefield I have seen no mention of the work done by control room staff, can I say WELL DONE to you all, it must have been a very stressful time, well outside anything that you could have ever experienced or expected, you did a great job & should be recognised for such.
Geoff

Offline ian gough

Buncefield mobilising
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2005, 12:00:01 PM »
Do you know that Geoff? I'm sure that the individuals working in the relevant Control Rooms did work hard - but do we know that the Controls worked well?

Offline b217bravo

Buncefield mobilising
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2005, 04:41:09 PM »
No Ian I don't know if the control procedures worked well, if they did not then even more praise is due to the control room staff .
Geoff

Offline Ryan

Buncefield mobilising
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 09:31:46 PM »
Control staff don't get credited sometimes, considering they do have to organise attending appliances and crews

Midland Retty

Buncefield mobilising
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 01:47:25 PM »
I'd like to make comment about fire control staff - they're often the forgotten part of the fire service, firefighters are the public image of the brigade, everyone sees them responding to incidents etc, but not many people are aware of the good and important work fire control does.

Without them there simpy wouldn't be a fire service and lets face it when the  firefighters amongst us come across something we arent sure how to deal with, if we need urgent assistance, or some info on a mysterious chemical, or be reminded of a certain brigade procedure  - who do we turn to?.... fire control.

There is something very reassuring and comforting talking to a calm and rational voice at the end of a radio, and im sure any member of the public whom have had the misfortune to have to call the brigade out have been equally assured and comforted by the fire control operators voice at the end of the phone.

Many fire control operators have saved life by giving essential life saving advice to persons trapped or in trouble well before a fire engine has got to them.

I have the upmost respect for Fire Control Operators - they do a truly fantastic job.

Offline Andy Cole

Buncefield mobilising
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 09:55:21 PM »
You can't really add to that just wholeheartedly agree!!