Author Topic: CFPA Europe Diploma  (Read 35491 times)

Offline Hi Tower

• Hitower
CFPA Europe Diploma
« on: April 22, 2009, 09:58:17 AM »
To anyone currently undertaking the CFPA Europe Diploma in Fire Prevention.

I have just started the 8 home study units of the above course - I didn't need to attend the 1 week residential course and therefore didn't have a chance to catch up with others that are also just starting. 

I wondered if anyone out there undertaking this Diploma might want to make contact so that ideas, thoughts can be exchanged?

I hope to hear from you soon

HiTower (For obvious reasons)

Offline Simon72

Re: CFPA Europe Diploma
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 11:11:55 PM »
Hi,

i completed the CFPA diploma 4 years ago, if you widh to discuss any part of it please feel free to contat me.

Simon

Offline Big T

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 03:09:35 PM »
If you Email May at the FPA she will probably forward you the email addresses of those on your course. I completed the course last year and found her invaluable, Who is your Tutor for the distance learning element?

Offline Hightower

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 07:36:27 PM »
Hi Simon72 and BigT

Thank you for your replies.
As you advise, I will contact May - my tutor is Neil Cheyne.
I think I am at the point (as in any (distant) learning) where I'm thinking 'where on earth do I start - it sure is lonely out here'.
I am very aware of the need to read and research, the need to do this properly against a suitable time frame is the balance for me - I wondered if you had come accross particularly good reference during your studies - either recommended in the bibliography or otherwise?

"We live in a world that can be unwittingly unpleasant to people who don't matter." (Giles Bolton)

Offline Big T

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 05:23:27 PM »
I used Google to deal witht he insurance element.

British standards will be your best bet and to some extent the fire safety guides written to support the RRO. Sprinkler info I got from LPC guides

The CFPA diploma qualification is only as good as the time you put in, you could pass it easily by reading just the elements you are required to but the way the CFPA works so well is the encouragement to read around the subject.

Wikipedia, Encyclopedias, dictionary, old chemistry book, common sense, DCLG website, manuals of firemanship (buy them from the IFE) colleagues, guys on here. All are invaluable.

Write a question on the board and I gurantee you will get a good answer from this mob, in fact I think I can now say us mob!

Offline Hightower

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 05:31:16 PM »
Big T
Thanks once again for your reply - I wholly take on your remark of 'what you put in is what you get out'.  I'll try to remember that on the days when I think 'how did i get myself into this'.  And like you said - this site is an incredible resource.  Now where was I - ahh yes 'Detonation and deflagration!!
"We live in a world that can be unwittingly unpleasant to people who don't matter." (Giles Bolton)

Offline hammer1

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2009, 10:29:39 PM »
How long is the course??? Is it down to the individual and time made available?. I see you have to complete within a 2 year time frame. Is there an average.

I am looking to do this course in the New Year.

Offline AnthonyB

• Firenet Extinguisher Expert
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.firewizard.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2009, 12:21:39 PM »
This is the forum for Urban Search & Rescue Training - post this is Fire Safety instead for more views & comments!
Anthony Buck
Owner & Fire Safety Consultant at Fire Wizard

Extinguisher/Fire History Enthusiast

Fire Extinguisher Facebook Group:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=65...415&ref=ts
http://www.youtube.com/user/contactacb
https://uk.linkedin.com/in/anthony-buck-36