Author Topic: Prosecutions and Enforcements  (Read 9064 times)

Offline Clive

Prosecutions and Enforcements
« on: December 05, 2007, 09:13:26 AM »
Can anyone tell me of a source where I can find a list ( and hopefully details) of prosecutions and enforcements taken under fire related legislation ( RRfsO especially).

If there is not such a source, would it be worth having a section on the forum where members could post information, so we can assess how the legislation is being administered ?

Offline Dragonmaster

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 02:17:42 PM »
You may want to try West Mids FRS, they appear fairly proactive in this area.
"Never do today what will become someone's else's responsibility tomorrow"

Offline Ashley Wood

• http://www.thermatech.uk.com
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 07:40:53 PM »
Clive, have a look at my web site as I have started listing prohibitions and enforcement's. Its not exhaustive and it will be updated every month. However, it depends on who provides information. For example Suffolk FRS post their register on the internet for all to see, Norfolk allow you to go and view the log at the HQ. I would imagine that this is similar across the land? www.thermatech.uk.com

messy

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 08:21:46 PM »
Quote from: Ashley Wood
. For example Suffolk FRS post their register on the internet for all to see, Norfolk allow you to go and view the log at the HQ. I would imagine that this is similar across the land?
You are right.

All Fire & Rescue Authorities have to keep a register of enforcement notices and prosecutions which must be available to the public upon request.

Some F&RS's are better than others at making the content available via the internet. London FB for instance, currently hold paper records at Borough Headquarters for personal viewing. Support staff in my Boro cannot remember the last time anyone requested a viewing - not surprising when most of the public are not aware that it exists!

For the record, I agree that details of prosecutions - if available here at this site- would be most useful. I already have a list of (the few) successful prosecutions in LFB ranging back to 2000 and would be only too willing to post it if a section were created

Offline Clive

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2007, 02:05:46 PM »
Thanks for that info.  

Do you think there is anyone who we could contact that would set up a register like the HSE have, that lists all national enforcements etc ?

All ' relevant notices' are registered for public attention but where do we find them ?

Offline PhilB

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 12:50:33 PM »
Quote from: messy
[
All Fire & Rescue Authorities have to keep a register of enforcement notices and prosecutions which must be available to the public upon request.
I agree that enforcing authority must maintain a public register of relevant notices......but prosecutions?????

I agree a record of prosecutions as maintained by HSE would be useful.

Offline RedDust

• Test, just a test
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 03:19:30 PM »
Hello all
Im new here, and think I will like this place
But, can someone tell me, how to use bbcode? Its quite hard for me...

Kisses
Natasha