Author Topic: USAR regional teams  (Read 12971 times)

Offline djc

USAR regional teams
« on: July 12, 2005, 09:40:55 AM »
Hi,
I am currently compiling a presentation which I am giving as part of the selection process for entry onto our regional USAR team. I would like to hear peoples opinions with regards the future use and application of the equipment and possible roles the team could undertake in the future.

I am aware of the obvious building collapse etc, but I understand some brigades are using teams to attend RTA's . What other incidents are being attended by the regional teams already up and running and what do they consider may be part of their remit in the future.

Your help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

many thanks

Offline rips

USAR regional teams
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 09:38:48 PM »
speak to someone in merseyside, they have set up small technical resue teams.
Any views I express are my own and not my employers. Still confused!

Anorak

USAR regional teams
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2005, 09:21:45 PM »
Speak to someone in Sweden or Australia...they actually know what they are talking about. Sorry if it sounds flipant but if you want to learn USAR don't look to anyone in the UK.

Offline neal pick gmcusar

USAR regional teams
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005, 10:16:44 AM »
anorak
beg to differ on this one, some people have done an awful lot of work on UK usar to get us where we are now. DJC'was asking about UK regional teams not Sweden or Aus.

bedless, never!

Offline dave bev

USAR regional teams
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2005, 04:34:10 PM »
not while ive got a helmet to wear in them!

Jolly Roger

USAR regional teams
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2005, 11:33:54 PM »
Message to Anorak
I'm not going to beg to differ like Neal (he's far too polite)

You are wrong.

Most of the techniques used in structural collapse are based on lessons that were learn't by the Brits in and shortly after the second world war.
If there is one thing we are guilty of - it is letting those skills lapse in the negligent way we did. Classic Brit attitude towards anything that hasn't been used for a while.

Flipant it is not - the whole world learnt from us!