Author Topic: Training of Health staff needs to be restructured?  (Read 5692 times)

Offline Hotstuff

Training of Health staff needs to be restructured?
« on: July 31, 2005, 03:41:05 PM »
I am a nurse currently working as a Risk Manager and have a University assignment to do with looking at whether fire safety training in healthcare premises has "had its day" and is ready to be restructured?

Now, me personally I learn something new every time I go to my annual hourly update but do wonder whether an hour is realistically enough (answer I'm sure is no) and whether we should be looking at different ways of getting the message across - rather than a quick firkle with an extinguisher once a year and a few horror antiquated slides of house fires??

I was googling away when I found this site and wondered what sort of people use this site - ie professionals etc and wondered what your views are and whether you could guide me to look for some good info. I've already found some good threads on here but understand there is new legisaltion (I can't keep up in the health service with the changes every 5 minutes) but wonder if you pros out there could suggest why it will be an improvement and what impact it may have on training or do you think it will make things worse?

Big Owen

Training of Health staff needs to be restructured?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 07:54:10 PM »
I'm trying to guess who this is. I'm on the same course and I'm baffled where to start this assignment