Author Topic: Fire training records, (how long does your employer keep them)  (Read 7654 times)

Offline ozzyjock

Fire training records, (how long does your employer keep them)
« on: November 14, 2012, 07:26:47 AM »
Hi everyone,
just joined and have a question but not sure if this is the right place, so Mods sorry in advance.

How long does a previous employer have to keep your fire training records (day to day stuff) not training courses, and how would you go about getting hold of them if needed.

IE, i left the UK 4 yrs ago come December after working in aviation firefighting for 8 yrs, (couldnt get into firefighting over here due to visa restraints etc ) now have permenant residency and wish to apply for fire related jobs.
I have my certificates for all my courses and have come across a training company who will grant me recognition of prior learning for most of it (which saves a hell of a lot of money) but i would like to get hold of my training records which most of you know covers other competency training on all sorts of things that you dont get a piece of paper for using.

any ideas any info would be most welcome, as ive had enough of working for a living (thats a joke for the record)
cheers

Offline nearlythere

Re: Fire training records, (how long does your employer keep them)
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 09:19:08 AM »
I supppose it depends on the previous employer Ozzy. I always suggest that training and maintenance records are retained for at least three years. Thats the time limit for personal injuries claims.
We're not Brazil we're Northern Ireland.

Offline ozzyjock

Re: Fire training records, (how long does your employer keep them)
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 04:15:11 AM »
thanks for that, just got HR details from prevous employer will check it out and know soon enough i guess.