Author Topic: Decorating  (Read 4639 times)

Offline Tom W

Decorating
« on: May 13, 2013, 11:42:42 AM »

It looks great but could it actually be considered a risk as you are not making it stand out?

Offline lancsfirepro

Re: Decorating
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 03:10:36 PM »
Nah, just slap a mahoosive fire point sign over the top and have done.  ;)

Offline nearlythere

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 03:51:48 PM »
If extinguishers are there for staff use only and if staff are advised as to its unique location is there an issue really? Had to look again though at what first looked like a painted call point just below the right flipper.

We're not Brazil we're Northern Ireland.

Offline lancsfirepro

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 05:05:26 PM »
If extinguishers are there for staff use only and if staff are advised as to its unique location is there an issue really?
I know what you're saying NT, but the requirement to be clearly visible or signed is there for a reason.  My view on it is that in a panicked state looking for an extinguisher you may forget about your training as to where this specific extinguisher is and just not see it.  There's a lot of depends isn't there?  Level of training, size of building, number of staff, frequency of staffing changes, temporary staff etc.  Plus, I can sell them a big sign! Let alone the fact that it's a powder extinguisher indoors - much better to make it more obvious by changing for a water spray and a CO2 (and mounting them lower). :D

Offline Psuedonym

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 08:51:31 PM »
Look on the bright side  - I bet all staff know of the exts presence now though !
Ansul R102 Kitchen Suppression Enthusiast

Created using refurbished electrons to ensure I do my bit to save the planet...Polar bear cubs saved so far:2.75. Reduced due to effects of Carbon Footprint on the carpet. It's a bugger to shift...

Offline nearlythere

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 09:11:56 AM »

It looks great but could it actually be considered a risk as you are not making it stand out?

Piglet. Any idiot would know you wouldn't go scuba diving with a cylinder of powder.  ::) ;D ;)
We're not Brazil we're Northern Ireland.