Author Topic: Fires involving electronic cigarettes  (Read 24881 times)

Offline kurnal

• http://www.peakland-fire-safety.co.uk
Fires involving electronic cigarettes
« on: August 14, 2014, 10:16:59 AM »
Is there any central record of the number of incidents, deaths and injuries from fires associated with electronic cigarettes? I am aware of two fire deaths reported to be caused by electronic cigarettes - at Chesterfield in October 2013 and in Liverpool in August 2014. Does anyone have any information or links on other incidents?

Offline Mike Buckley

Re: Fires involving electronic cigarettes
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 12:18:55 PM »
The only thing I can think of is the current incarnation of the old FDR1 which I believe is submitted electronically now. Whether or not this database can be searched I do not know.
The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to those who think they've found it.

Offline Firescot

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 08:31:12 PM »
I suspect they are a lot less dangerous than real cigarettes!

Offline Fire Monkey

Fires involving electronic cigarettes
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 05:11:43 PM »
Check out recent BBC news story. The issue here is often people use chargers that are not designed to be used with the cigarettes. This includes charges like those portable batteries that campers use to charge phones and the like. http://www.bbc.co.uk/search?q=e-cigarette

Offline Fire Monkey

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2016, 11:03:05 AM »
Hi,

I heard about a fire fighter who has such a charging devise in his back pack and it exploded when on his back - he was not harmed thankfully.

Is there any new data on their risks and reports of about them being identified as  actual causes of fire in fire reports.

Offline hmcb1976

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2016, 09:59:23 PM »
Always come across mentions of e-cig fires on LinkedIn and the BBC website