Author Topic: AFD in purpose built block of flats -advice welcome!  (Read 32258 times)

Offline Tom Sutton

Re: AFD in purpose built block of flats -advice welcome!
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2016, 10:54:16 AM »
That's my experience in my brigade when I tread the boards, has things changed that much.
All my responses only apply to England and Wales and they are an overview of the subject, hopefully it will point you in the right direction and always treat with caution.

Offline Bruce89

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2016, 09:35:52 AM »
Certainly the case in my Fire Authority area, with resources both finances and personnel such as they are, it has never been more important to direct time and effort where it is really needed rather than an inappropriate prosecution, hence a number of levels of checks before a go ahead is given to prosecute.

Offline nearlythere

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2016, 08:36:13 AM »
Hopefully the green horn fire safety officer on a promotion trip would have sufficient line management to report to who should be calming him/her down and pointing out the error of their ways, besides I suspect most brigades have a policy that requires high level authorisation before going to prosecution.

;D That made me smile
Not always. Lots of loose canons out there.
We're not Brazil we're Northern Ireland.

Offline William 29

• http://www.tfsltd.net
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2016, 10:36:32 AM »
Hopefully the green horn fire safety officer on a promotion trip would have sufficient line management to report to who should be calming him/her down and pointing out the error of their ways, besides I suspect most brigades have a policy that requires high level authorisation before going to prosecution.

;D That made me smile
Not always. Lots of loose canons out there.

Yep I concur  ;D

Offline Bruce89

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2016, 06:36:55 PM »
Lots of loose cannons, probably, but as in all walks of life there is good and bad, you will never get a perfect system where a human element exists.