Author Topic: Extinguisher Gas Training Rig  (Read 6872 times)

Offline hughmccafferty

Extinguisher Gas Training Rig
« on: February 08, 2012, 12:45:11 AM »
Hi guys,

I was wondering what was the best extinguisher training rig that could fit in a small van?

What would the costs be?

Would i be better hiring one and if so where (i am in Glasgow).

I realise this has been a topic before but it was some time ago.

I ask you as experts who have used this type of kit.

Hugh
No hill too steep! No ditch too deep!

Offline The Colonel

Re: Extinguisher Gas Training Rig
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 04:41:09 PM »
Hugh

i currently have two different rigs and both fit into the back of a car or van, a colleague has a different rig which fits in his car, all work perfectly well. I spent quite some time looking at the different rigs on the market when I bought mine over 2 years ago and eventually came down on the side of one made by Anderson Fire & Rescue Equipment, not to far from you in Dumfries mainly because of the build quality.

The Anderson kit has a good set of control gear, waste bin, monitor, flammable liquid container and a decent size tray, all for just over £2000.

My other kit comes from a company in Loughborough, can't remember the name but I picked up a £1100 set on Ebay for just over £300 brand new.

All are easy to use and can be set up, tested and ready to go in 10 minutes. I know over £2000 seems a lot but my plan is for it to last 10 years hopefully with any testing and replacements and it is always on hand.

I did look at hiring on behalf of one company and it was about £300 for a week.

Offline hughmccafferty

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 05:11:29 PM »
Thanks Colonel!

Some great information there. I will ceretainly look at it.

£2000 does seam a lot though. I think i need to search ebay!
No hill too steep! No ditch too deep!

Offline Alec

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2016, 10:10:29 PM »
Besides checking the conections on a regular basis for leaks and deterioration, is there a legal requirement to have these simulators checked by a gas safe engineer and a certificate of some sort  issued?
Thanks

Offline longjohn

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 10:51:54 AM »
hi Hugh,
I have one for sale as I have just retired. It is on the site under the 'Training section'