Author Topic: Fire statistics  (Read 2171 times)

Offline lyledunn

Fire statistics
« on: June 25, 2019, 05:30:38 AM »
I am trying to establish if the IRS would receive more than general information from brigades about fires where the ignition source was determined to be due to the electrical distribution system or is this something that is detailed in individual forensic reports?
My intention is to determine if arc fault detection devices which were introduced as a recommendation in BS7671 2018 are likely to have any serious impact on statistics in that area.

Online Crusher

Re: Fire statistics
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 12:11:39 PM »
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/11806/Incident_Recording_System_-_Questions_and_Lists_-_Version_1.6_-__XML_Schemas_v1-0p__in_use_from_April_2012.pdf

This link should take you to a CLG IRS 'questions and lists' document

Unfortunately it does not appear to capture the information you are after. From experience, this would require a physical fire investigation.

Offline John Webb

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 12:52:08 PM »
Very unlikely that there would be any significant statistics yet on this matter. BS7671:2018 only came into effect from 1st January this year, so only installations since then are likely to be fitted with such equipment. I would expect it would take possibly a decade or so for the statistics to become significant.
John Webb
Consultant on Fire Safety, Diocese of St Albans
(Views expressed are my own)

Offline wee brian

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 12:50:00 PM »
Some brigades collect more detailed info.