Author Topic: Accreditation  (Read 3466 times)

Offline Crusher

Accreditation
« on: August 14, 2019, 01:07:39 PM »
I am aware that there is a move towards wider accreditation across the industry, however I am curious as to the approach that large organisations take for their employed fire risk assessors, such as health trusts, local authorities, universities etc.

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge on how organisations assure themselves that their assessors are providing credible information regarding their own property portfolio?

Offline lyledunn

Re: Accreditation
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2019, 10:43:06 AM »
For many in-house FR assessors the first step is the NEBOSH fire and risk management course. I did the course a number of years ago and it was populated mostly with office-bound people with third level education but with little knowledge of building construction or engineering and safety services. They were good at absorbing the plethora of facts and figures that the course spewed out and were happy with management protocols but they were not so good at the technical side. Few would have any understanding of building regulations relating to any aspect of construction let alone fire safety, although, strangely, the course didn?t concern itself with that aspect.
By the way, the practical fire risk assessment is, or at least was a number of years ago, a verstrange beast indeed.

Offline Fishy

Re: Accreditation
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2019, 05:54:53 PM »
When I worked for a large infrastructure manager, I seem to recall that they put their fire risk assessors though the Warrington Certification FRACS individual third-party accreditation.