Author Topic: External walls/cladding: Important new guidance for fire risk assessors  (Read 4592 times)

Offline colin todd

• Civilianize enforcement -you know it makes sense.
    • http://www.cstodd.co.uk
Colin Todd, C S Todd & Associates

Offline Messy

Thanks for sharing Colin - I wasn't aware of this guidance or the 'clarification' to the Fire Safety Order it refers to.

Thank God I don't work on residential premises any more  ::)

Offline colin todd

Anything for you Davey. It is incumbent on all of us to help our fellow human beings who have led deprived lives such as working for the third finest FRS in the whole of London.

Anyhow, though it is none of my business (which makes it all the more interesting for me), what ARE you doing nowadays? And why are you so quiet. I kind of miss you, Davey. Come back, all is forgiven. Hope you are keeping well and safe anyhow.

Offline Messy

I kind of miss you, Davey. Come back, all is forgiven. Hope you are keeping well and safe anyhow.

What an unbelievable  year! We have had Covid-19, race riots breaking out everywhere, Barnard Castle becoming the go-to holiday destination, and now a softer, caring and slightly more feminine side of Colin Todd coming out!!!

I am fine thank you and working hard on a contract that keeps me busy - albeit less busy recently. None of the work involves residential property and most of it is in UK, with some in Europe and a bit further afield. However we have recruited a younger (but far less handsome) guy to do the longer journeys now as my body is so frail. Plus I have no need for the air miles and struggle with jet lag, so I will mainly stick to UK work.

As there's no residential premises on my portfolio and I have to admit I have taken my eye off the ball a bit CPD wise in relation to changes such as those you kindly highlighted. 

In the spirit of your message, I forgive you too for all the nasty things you have said about my ex employer, which in any case, pale into insignificance to some of the stuff I have said about them - especially when employed there. Me quiet? Where have you been???

I hope you are coping in this crisis and was hoping to say 'Hi' to you if were at Firex, but that will have to wait.

Offline colin todd

Davey, you misunderstand. I never disliked you personally only institutionally. Its not the same thing. Anyhow, I didn't say why I missed you. I missed you because it was easier (and less likely to get me in trouble with the RSPCA) to be nasty to you, as the face of LFB, than kick the cat every time LFB annoyed me.

All that working in a role with no resi is a bit mysterious. I am lying awake at night wondering what happened to that guy in the outback of Oz following the documentaries on channel 4 last week and then what happened to poor wee Madeline McCann. Add that to my constant frustration at not knowing who shot Kennedy and what did Billy Jo Mcallister throw off of talihatchi bridge and do you not think I have enough to worry about without tossing and turning wondering who employs Davey?????

Come to the point, man. What are you actually doing.

Offline Messy

My face has been the subject of a few insults in my life, but being considered as the face of the LFB is the ultimate insult as I promise you I am not that ugly. However, I can see some similarities in that I am old, I could do with losing a few pounds and becoming fitter and leaner, and according to Mrs Messy, I always take a long time to do anything, especially when that means changing things. After saying that, I did like working for the LFB as it does offer a few unique experiences operationally and fire safety wise.

Its interesting you talk about kicking your cat as I have often pictured you as a fire safety Blofeld, sitting with a white cat on your lap at the CST underground HQ/cave in front of a bank of TV screens, monitoring your empire. For the sake of that cat, please carry on being nasty to me.

And to help you sleep at night, I am self-employed and work with two colleagues. We have contracts with three clients who have commercial only premises. They include office, manufacturing and transport related buildings. In addition to business as usual work of FRAs, training and the like, we are becoming increasingly involved with some significant project work. Its all interesting stuff and pays the bills.

We are also bidding for some healthcare work,  but after that I do not intend expanding any further, so your firm are safe !!! You will understand that I can't say much more than that.

Wasn't it Prince Phillip who shot Kennedy?

Offline colin todd

Re: External walls/cladding: Important new guidance for fire risk assessors
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2020, 12:01:56 AM »

Its interesting you talk about kicking your cat as I have often pictured you as a fire safety Blofeld, sitting with a white cat on your lap at the CST underground HQ/cave in front of a bank of TV screens, monitoring your empire. For the sake of that cat, please carry on being nasty to me.

Offline colin todd

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2020, 12:29:33 AM »
Many's a word said in jest, Davey, many's a word said in jest!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 12:31:54 AM by colin todd »

Offline Messy

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2020, 06:06:21 PM »
:) Very good  :D

Offline Will Lloyd

• FIA
Technical Manager
Fire Industry Association (FIA)

All comments and views are mine own and may not reflect the views of the FIA