Author Topic: School fire pictures  (Read 33636 times)

Offline p.b.morgan

School fire pictures
« on: November 17, 2003, 03:05:21 PM »
Has anybody any good pictures of fire dmaged schools that we can use to illustrate the update of DfES Byuilding Bulletin 7? Much as I would love to use the ones I've found on the BBC webpages feel breaching copyright and the possible charges would be prohibitive. This is for grateful acknowledgment of source in the document and not for dosh.

Penny
Penny

School fire pictures
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2003, 12:31:07 PM »
Penny
Try Andy Vaughn-Davis, LFB FI, New Cross. He and I did a job some years ago with some good pictures obtained by the LFB Photographer, Steve Hall.

Offline p.b.morgan

School fire pictures
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2003, 10:20:36 AM »
Many thanks for that.
Penny

Chris Houston

School fire pictures
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2003, 11:43:19 AM »
I have a few at home, they may not be as good as some fire brigade library ones.  Let me know your email address and I'll send any good ones.  I'll have taken them myself and no copyright will apply.

School fire pictures
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2003, 03:15:59 PM »
Try just asking BBCi for some photo's, they might be willing to help!

Offline p.b.morgan

School fire pictures
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2004, 10:22:24 AM »
May I record a very grateful 'thank you' to those of you who have supplied me with some superb pictures. Watch out for the new guidance due to be published in the autumn.
Penny

Offline Simon Morriss

School fire pictures
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2004, 08:18:18 AM »
Penny

As a school governor I am very interested in seeing the Bulletin, what is the best way to get a copy?

Simon

Offline Acco

School fire pictures
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2005, 01:32:32 PM »
I am from Australia and we have had a recent spait of school fires caused by arsonist I will try to get you some images from archives if I can

Offline p.b.morgan

School fire pictures
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2005, 03:15:17 PM »
Ahem, the revamped Building Bulletin BB100 should appear this (2005) autumn. It is about to go out for consultation, so if Bikerboy Simon can let me have an address will try and get a copy to you.

Acco - would still be grateful for more pictures, please contact me.
Penny
Penny

Offline dave bev

School fire pictures
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2005, 06:32:04 PM »
penny - which 2005?

Offline ernie ewen

School fire pictures
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2005, 05:32:12 PM »
Quote from: p.b.morgan
Has anybody any good pictures of fire dmaged schools that we can use to illustrate the update of DfES Byuilding Bulletin 7? Much as I would love to use the ones I've found on the BBC webpages feel breaching copyright and the possible charges would be prohibitive. This is for grateful acknowledgment of source in the document and not for dosh.

Penny

if you contact aberdeen press and journal they have photgraphs of several school building fires as there have been several or contact Brampian Fire and rescue Service 01224 696666

Offline p.b.morgan

School fire pictures
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2005, 11:15:21 AM »
At the risk of getting my knuckles rapped for duplication -BB100 is out for comment. There is a thread on it under 'Fire Safety'

Many thanks to all of you for help and suggestions on getting pictures for this document.
Penny

Chris Houston

School fire pictures
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2005, 10:47:14 PM »

Just kidding, I think that everyone is aware of BB100 is important, the deadline for public comment on the document is not too far away.

Offline Pissarro

School fire pictures
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2006, 10:41:44 PM »
go to google.com, click on Images, enter "school fire" - you're likely to gat some featured in provincial papers
If you gat too many you can select the size of picture- medium or large will give you reasonable resolution that allows you manipulate photo as required

Offline jayjay

School fire pictures
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2006, 01:21:18 PM »
Also try "School Blaze" as many press reports refer to blazes and not fires