Author Topic: Tyne and Wear Average Call Outs??  (Read 5753 times)

Tyne and Wear Average Call Outs??
« on: May 07, 2004, 08:07:48 PM »
Hi there,

Anyone out there know what the average call outs for the tyne and wera stations of Pilgrim St, Swalwell and Gateshead.

Thanks if you can help me out.

:D

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2004, 08:29:27 AM »
our kid, the info should be available from the stations themselves if you contyact them. i would suggest though that turnouts dont accuratetly reflect the work of a firefighter who also spends a considerable amount of time on training (i hope) fire safety amongst many. if you are after the info as a potential recruit< and i apologise if youre not!!, try visiting the stations personally, im sure theyd be pleased to help

dave bev

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2004, 02:38:22 PM »
Cheers Dave,

I am already wholetime mate, was just being impatient.  Calling the stations next week coz I maybe transferring up there in a couple of months.

Ta,

OurKid

Offline fireftrm

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2004, 05:23:58 PM »
Our Kid

Pilgrim Street is to be 'closed' within the next year - being 'amalgamated' with the present West Rd at Ncle West Community Fire Station (new at Elswick Road/Rye Hill Junction). Gateshead is presently in a temporary accomdation while the Community station is built and Swalwell moves to its new Community station this year too. All have reasonable call numbers - falling too.

Out of interst why did you ask about those three out of the full TWFRS stations? If you transfer to TWFRS you could be posted to any - from Tynemoth to Sunderland! Also it is worth noting that TWFRS is to be amalgamated with Northumberland, Durham&Darlington and Cleveland in April 2006 - so a very large service area..........

When you apply for a post you should expect to be asked about the future and you should expect to undergo stringent entry tests even though you are already in the service I take it?
My posts reflect my personal views and beliefs and not those of my employer. If I offend anyone it is usually unintentional, please be kind. If it is intentional I guess it will be clear!