Author Topic: Gillender Street Presentation  (Read 12314 times)

Offline Noodle999

Gillender Street Presentation
« on: August 22, 2007, 09:40:14 AM »
Hi guys,

Does anyone happen to have a presentation (in powerpoint format or otherwise) on the circumstances of the Gillender Street incident? We were discussing this on watch last night and I've been trying to find our brigade's presentation on the subject but can't seem to get hold of a copy.

I know a lot of brigades (if not all) include it in courses, so does anyone happen to have a copy they could send me? If so it'd be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance
--
Chris

Midland Retty

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 03:29:21 PM »
What incident was that my friend?

Offline Noodle999

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 04:51:41 PM »
The 1991 incident in Gillender Street, London where two Firefighters tragically lost their lives whilst working on guidelines, it's been discussed quite a lot on this forum by the looks of it.

I know a lot of brigades include a presentation about what happened and the lessons learned, as part of their BA training.

Midland Retty

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 09:05:58 AM »
Oh ok yes I remember which one you mean now - probey and a Station officer if I recall - will ask our training dept and private message you if we have anything !

Offline The Lawman

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 01:05:39 PM »
Quote from: Midland Retty
Oh ok yes I remember which one you mean now - probey and a Station officer if I recall - will ask our training dept and private message you if we have anything !
The Proby got the Station Officer out by remembering "to get knotted". Two other lads took the wrong way and perished.

Offline Tinker401

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2007, 06:35:23 AM »
Noodle,
I have a copy on powerpoint. PM me and i'll send you a copy.