Author Topic: Paramedic, Need Help  (Read 3904 times)

Offline Ross Massi

Paramedic, Need Help
« on: February 26, 2008, 02:32:53 PM »
Hi im new here, im a student doing a coursework about Paramedics. Just wondering if you guys got any information for me by any chance? Also can i ask why are technical skills important for a paramedic? Thanks.

Offline John Webb

Paramedic, Need Help
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 11:19:09 PM »
Welcome to our Forum. If you look at some of the other threads in this section of the forum you will find that our main interest is in protecting people from the effects of fire when they are within Health Care premises, rather than the actual care of their health problem, if you follow me. So there will be little information available here about paramedics' work. Hopefully someone from our broad membership will be able to give you some ideas about where to look.

Re technical skills - in general every job has a particular range of skills and abilities required to carry out that job properly, quickly, neatly, economically and with minimum danger to the person and those around him or her. In particular where one person is doing something to another person's body, as a paramedic does, then it is important for the paramedic to be technically able to ensure the best treatment for the injured party with minimum pain and least danger of any other injury ocurring.
John Webb
Consultant on Fire Safety, Diocese of St Albans
(Views expressed are my own)