Author Topic: TSUNAMI  (Read 23649 times)

TSUNAMI
« on: December 30, 2004, 08:52:13 PM »
Hey guys

What on earth is going on?

Where are we?

Thoughts please...................................

concerned Otto :(

Offline lib435

TSUNAMI
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2004, 10:32:27 AM »
yea,know what you mean, cant believe im still sat here :?  :?

TSUNAMI
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2004, 11:55:44 AM »
New years eve tonight, does somebody want all usar and ukfssart teams here? Somebody know something I don't? Any money on us going once all the celebrations are over? Anyone as ashamed as me that we have not sent a sar response?

This is beyond politics guys. What the HELL are these people :evil:  playing at?

'overseas rescue' it says on my contract.........................

:oops: luv otto s.wales

TSUNAMI
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2004, 02:07:13 PM »
I suggest you look at the latest report on the UKFSSART web site news page, we are being considered.

west sussex sart

TSUNAMI
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2004, 06:05:50 PM »
We are on call, the site has been on continuously in my house, wife is right fed up. I've read every report a dozen times. Am I the only sad git in the village.

happy new year folks.

otto

TSUNAMI
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2004, 06:08:21 PM »
considered????????????? :?: [/b]

TSUNAMI
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2004, 06:49:18 PM »
as of midnight your not on call.

TSUNAMI
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2005, 01:29:54 AM »
nothing constructive then

Offline dannyroachLFB

TSUNAMI
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2005, 10:50:51 AM »
Hi Gents,
I have read the posts and i could not agree more with the comments made, i believe that we should be deployed even at this late stage of the rescue effort.
There are countries that have had very little if any support from overseas, and the picture of the fire fighter from Sri Lanka, who has lost his entire family while he was fighting a fire in a house has really upset me.
Why are we not on our way? yes the military may be deployed, but with all due respect to them, what do they know about search and rescue? We have a role to play in this situation. I believe that the only way for us to be involved is to make our own way there!
Danny Roach FRU Training London Fire Brigade

TSUNAMI
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2005, 02:50:13 PM »
dannyroach calm down, you are not part of UKFSSART, if you go on your own how will you get there? where will you go? what will you do? who will you liaise with? food, water? etc etc.  Not to mention insurance, leave etc.  there must be a managed and co-ordinated response so we do not add to the confusion, we want to improve the situation not make it worse.  Let DFID ans UKFSSART sort this out, sooner rather than later would be a help though if you are reading this Kieth.

Eric Robson
South Wales

Offline dannyroachLFB

TSUNAMI
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2005, 03:04:43 PM »
Eric,
thanks for the reply! i am calm, just very frustrated! the same as alot of people, the question/statement was a retorical one. I understand the things that you have brought up and the rerasons for them, which is one reason, amongst many that i havent just got up and gone!

The idea of the post is to provoke discussion, not to encourage fire fighters to up and leave, and should the powers that be read this site, then perhaps they will see the feeling amongst fire fighters and they may be able to influence the powers that be, and for no other reason.
Danny Roach FRU Training London Fire Brigade

Offline Alan Pellowe

TSUNAMI
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2005, 04:18:04 PM »
West Midlands SAR Team has been pushing hard all week for a decision as I'm sure many other teams have done also. The Asian continent has just been subjected to one of the largest natural disasters in the last hundred years. Those people needed our help, skills, equipment and expertise immediately the Tsunami hit. With a 15 hour minimum transit time to the region we should have been mobilised immediately, we are all self sufficient and experienced personnel. To send so many planes over there empty was criminal. Finally after 6 days of watching frustratingly all the grief and suffering they are enduring over there we are told that we all will be going once they've finalised a plan for rotating us in and out and our taskings whilst there. I'm sure that I echo the thoughts of every SAR team member in the country when I say TALK TO US.....!!! Involve us in the plan, we have good ideas aswell...!! I'm looking forward to the next SAR co-ordinators meeting........there's a lot of people going to be asking a lot of searching questions and I just hope the answers are truthful and justifiable after the embarrasment we all must have felt and been subjected too since Boxing Day.
Alan Pellowe
West Midlands UKFSSAR Team

TSUNAMI
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2005, 04:29:35 PM »
I agree can someone at a strategic level please communicate with us the team personnel. I believe a good organisation can only be successful with good comms at all levels. Please keep us informed as it will answer so many Questions we all have.
Happy New Year!!!

TSUNAMI
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2005, 08:10:58 PM »
"THERE'S A STRATEGIC LEVEL"  :shock:

TSUNAMI
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2005, 08:28:42 PM »
who is ment to dispach you? eg tell the UKFSSART to go? (ths is now becomming stupid!) :? . I would go but am at school, and have no passport but could help do something even put up tents.