Author Topic: new/old rank structures  (Read 28637 times)

Offline dave bev

new/old rank structures
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2005, 02:35:53 PM »
sdo may have been assimilated to AM (b) but a functional job analysis may even place them into BM rolemaps - but they will of course keep their rank markings in that case - hmmmmmm, more discrepancies. im going for a lie down!

no a/b in princ - oops - brigade manager role map - but im sure there will be some very imaginative ways of pay 'layering' (ps no a/b in firefighter or crew manager either, if there was in crew manager it may have helped sort out some of the mess!)

have fun, you nearly know what i know now ;-)

this is burgermuncher999

new/old rank structures
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2005, 09:22:27 AM »
Firetrm,
Here's some news for you in respect of the WM 'B' managing the WM 'A'. I work in a training dept where the StnO is the highest uniformed post [we have de-layered with the loss of the DO (BTO) and an ADO]. The StnO is the line manager for the trainers (all SubO) and guess what. The StnO is being assimilated at WM'B' and the trainers at WM'A'.
Hence my query elsewhere on the forum relating to assimilation for SubO Trainers. My query does not however apply solely to SubO Trainers but also to any uniformed role within Fire Service training departments.

Offline dave bev

new/old rank structures
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2005, 01:13:36 PM »
burger - assimilation was for pay purposes only - the real work comes in the substantive move from rank to role (R2R) thats where the anomolies are supposed to be sorted, mainly at local level with national guidance. your 'example' is one of many that need to be resolved in one of the various ways available

dave bev

Offline b217bravo

new/old rank structures
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2005, 01:52:58 PM »
To dave bev,

Thank you once again for your response(s) to my earlier post(s), your reply with regard to Pricipal Managers is as I expected but non the less confusing to outsiders looking inwards & trying to make sense of the R2R changes.

Kind regards & best wishes,

Geoff