Author Topic: Gatwick Airport Jobs  (Read 10198 times)

Offline Carl

• http://www.kiafire.org.uk
Gatwick Airport Jobs
« on: September 19, 2008, 07:12:01 PM »
Sorry for the alarming post title, there are no jobs going that i know of....
But, if as the news reports suggets that Gatwick is sold, how will this affect the RFFS?
Will you guys be offered a TUPE Transfer or will the good ole BAA, look after you boys and find other jobs for you.

Just being nosey :-)

Offline Fireguy1230

Gatwick Airport Jobs
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 01:44:34 PM »
Hi Carl

I don't think anyone really knows to be honest mate.

I would be inclined to say that the jobs will be safe, as the new owner will still need RFFS, but i don't know what their view of the domestic pump will be. I know that when BAA sold Prestwick, they offerred guys relocation to other BAA airports.

But the sale could still be a year or so away so i hope a good deal is thrashed out for them. I done my basic at Gatwick and its a top station with a lot of good people.

Offline Carl

• http://www.kiafire.org.uk
Gatwick Airport Jobs
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 09:53:13 PM »
Oh yey deffinately, they will still need the RFFS, but i've suffered  3 TUPE transfers along my rocky road and believe me, it aint much fun.
They need to make sure, they stick to their guns and don't let the new owners start ripping their contracts apart, after the transfer which seems to be the norm.
Good luck to all of you anyway chaps. may the "farce" be wiv you :-)

Offline pukka

Gatwick Airport Jobs
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 03:51:48 PM »
Hi guys,

Im currently on the waiting list for heathrow and was just wondering if anything more had been heard about who maybe buying gatwick? is it virgin?

ive 'heard' that a lot of guys from gatwick may be transferring to heathrow due to it being sold. this will affect me due to heathrow taking gatwick guys as a priority over new guys like myself. does anyone know if whoever buys gatwick will take over the holding list? and is it true that a lot of guys are trying to get out of gatwick before it gets sold?

Offline BAAfiery

Gatwick Airport Jobs
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 07:03:37 PM »
Pukka don't worry as I know of nobody who has applied to go to or has a desire to go to Heathrow.

Offline pukka

Gatwick Airport Jobs
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 10:57:33 AM »
really? must be 1 of them made up rumours that gets around!

cheers.

Offline BAAfiery

Gatwick Airport Jobs
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 10:38:01 PM »
I stand to be corrected. I've heard at least 4 names that are supposedly applying for a transfer. This could just be rumour control though.

Offline bambam016

Gatwick Airport Jobs
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2008, 03:18:12 PM »
ref your last post BAAfiery on future vacancies, are a number of serving ff's at Gatwick coming up for retirement?

Offline Fireguy1230

Gatwick Airport Jobs
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2008, 04:50:36 PM »
The day you join the Airport Fire Service is the day you retire!! :lol: