Author Topic: Co ordinaters lack of interest?  (Read 11780 times)

Old_dog_new tricks

Co ordinaters lack of interest?
« on: February 16, 2005, 02:07:52 PM »
It seems very political to me that London whilst co-ordinating and mobilising UKSART does not have a team. I know we had one years ago. Many of its personnel who attend the resent courses want to develope their skills and put them to use. So any ideas or comments?

Redmoss

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 12:31:50 PM »
Not political just that UKSART is on the way out being replaced with USAR and you will find that london has a strong Usar capability

andy

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2005, 12:05:12 PM »
Quote from: Redmoss
Not political just that UKSART is on the way out being replaced with USAR and you will find that london has a strong Usar capability

Redmoss are you saying that the UK's USAR teams will have an overseas response capability (if UKFSSART is on the way out) and if so how will that affect USAR resilience should they be deployed overseas for an extended period of time?

Redmoss

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2005, 08:34:19 PM »
Quote from: andy
Quote from: Redmoss

Redmoss are you saying that the UK's USAR teams will have an overseas response capability (if UKFSSART is on the way out) and if so how will that affect USAR resilience should they be deployed overseas for an extended period of time?

USAR already has an overseas capability but it’s at the discretion of the relevant Chief fire Officer.
The way USAR has been implemented in the UK it has a high degree of resilience built in due to the numbers available
18 Teams each with a minimum of 30 personnel (540)
Some teams are bigger still, Tyne and Wear has a 60 strong team.

Anorak

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2005, 10:08:57 PM »
I am not inclined to place responses on such forums unless it has some factual based relevance to those involved either within SAR or USAR. I also do not place this to seek a response or to inflame those who do not agree with my view.
For my part I have been fortunate to have been involved in Rescue in one aspect or another for over 15 years and SAR for over 10. I have worked with the Australians, Americans, hazard research projects for Disaster Management Universities and numerous agencies both Governmental and Non Governmental outside and inside of the UK. I consider myself fortunate to have worked with so many skilled people and if anything it has shown me that the more I learn then the less I know.
I am familiar with the UK NGO SAR response and UKSART and have had personal involvement with London’s USAR capabilities [some cracking lads]. Now I would be the first to say that all of the UK responses could use an injection of dynamics and equality in such areas such as selection and training but I am afraid Redmoss you are not only fooling yourself but are holding a hostage to fortune if you believe that the 'USAR' training that has been delivered over the past 2 years prepares personnel for the mental and physical rigours of an overseas crisis zone. I am sorry Redmoss but this belief will only get people injured or worse. I suspect that this thought that UKSART can be phased out and just replaced by the current USAR response has evolved from those USAR experts that have sprung up in the past couple of years.

I would suggest that those persons that have created this thought should be scrutinised as to what qualifies them to make such a concept so easily accepted.

I will be happy to converse with anyone on a one to one. Leave your e-mail.
I am not a member of UKSART
I will post no further responses on this subject

Offline dave bev

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2005, 06:49:01 PM »
awwwwwww, go on you anorak! post another one!