Author Topic: Fire Service Organisational Behaviour  (Read 7565 times)

Offline oilybum

Fire Service Organisational Behaviour
« on: February 20, 2005, 05:08:36 PM »
Just been looking at a very interesting site about fire service relationships between low and high ranks. The site is called the "Suffolk Hyde Affair" and its an aol journal. Its is cram packed full of actual documentation that was written by the low and high ranks in the middle of a bit of a dispute that included disciplinary action. I don't think i have ever seen so much written communication from the internal machinations of a UK fire brigade before. A right eye opener and definitely worth a look as there is plenty to learn and take on board. Try a search for "The SuffolkHyde Affair" or the link below

http://journals.aol.co.uk/nameandshameuk/TheSuffolkHydeAffair/

Offline oilybum

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005, 06:23:01 PM »
Blimey its up to 90 documents now

Offline oilybum

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2005, 04:27:01 PM »
Hmm the site is very controversial and getting very interesting by the day and. It has now a staggering 100 warts and all inter personal  documents splashed on it.

Offline fireftrm

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2005, 10:44:45 AM »
I rather think that oilybum is the website operator - no-one else is interested in this thing. Please leave it alone!

Moderator - is this personal website promotion really an acceptable use of this board?
My posts reflect my personal views and beliefs and not those of my employer. If I offend anyone it is usually unintentional, please be kind. If it is intentional I guess it will be clear!

Offline dave bev

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2005, 08:23:56 PM »
seems like cfoa have the right idea of how to deal with those pesky workers. employ the military as chief exec. can anyone confirm?

they dont like it up 'em captain mannering!

dave bev

Chris Houston

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2005, 10:08:50 PM »
Quote from: fireftrm
I rather think that oilybum is the website operator - no-one else is interested in this thing. Please leave it alone!

Moderator - is this personal website promotion really an acceptable use of this board?

Although I can't see the website in question, I see nothing wrong with a link to one's own website if it's fire service related and not for any personal gain.

That said, Oily, your email address does suggest this is your own site, perhaps you could comment on this?

Offline oilybum

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2005, 02:49:18 PM »
Chris in the time honoured tradition of our traditional service now modernised "No Comment".

Re a Service related site I can vouch for that insofar that everything the site consists is situated in the Fire service. Seems that Fireftrm is not the only critic of the site as some of the central characters in the dialogue wish to remove the site from Cyber space and erase it from Fire Service social history by getting AOL to exterminate it. Can't undersatnd that after all everybody said they had done nothing wrong!

However, despite the setback the site has emigrated off shore and is currently broadcasting from

http://www.angelfire.com/droid/thesuffolkhydeaffair/