Author Topic: Liverpool Airport RFFS Accident  (Read 7370 times)

Offline cm738

Liverpool Airport RFFS Accident
« on: November 18, 2008, 09:24:09 AM »
Sure we would have heard by now, but heard rumours that LPL have written off two appliances, surely must be a rumour!!!???

Offline LDN

Re: Liverpool Airport RFFS Accident
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 08:16:14 PM »
May this be a reason?Or even part of the `planned simulation`?

An emergency exercise is being staged over 2 days at Liverpool John Lennon Airport starting this evening 18th November at 7:30pm and lasting for 2 hours and then continuing on Sunday 23rd November between 10:30am – 12:30pm.

The exercise has been planned as a means of testing and exercising Liverpool John Lennon Airport’s emergency plan along with those of other agencies following a full scale emergency incident at the Airport.

Around 50 volunteers will be taking part on Sunday and a significant number of emergency services personnel will also be participating throughout this exercise. The Airport will however be operating ‘business as usual’ on both parts occasions and no passengers or airlines will be affected by the training taking place.

It is not unusual for the Airport to carry out such an exercise as it is a requirement by the Civil Aviation Authority for Airport’s such as Liverpool to hold a full emergency exercise every two years.[/color]

Offline ruffles1

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 01:19:44 PM »
What has the bi-annual exercise got to do with the above rumour?

Offline LDN

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 05:01:55 PM »
Well the post is dated 18 Nov,the same day that the `Simulation Excercise` was planned to start.

If true then it might have occured during the Excercise....just my thoughts.

Offline cm738

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 11:46:54 PM »
I have now found out there has been little incident at Liverpool, 1 appliance "T" boned another, from what I hear no serious injuries though which is good news!!