Author Topic: chief officer dirty tactics strathclyde-clean version!!!  (Read 13792 times)

Guest 45

chief officer dirty tactics strathclyde-clean version!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2005, 01:12:37 PM »
Very valid points Dave, and well presented.

I think we all agree that the way ahead is through meaningful and constructive communication with all concerned.

hackedoff

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2005, 10:06:25 PM »
"Strathclyde Junior Officers now have more promotion prospects due to the creation of these posts which should be welcomed."

How does this work out then?  You currently have the potential for 350 people eligible for this post and only 39 stn managers posts available.  Those Stn/O that dont pick up this post are being put down to watch managers or into fire safety. The subs being put to crew managers so tell me how this can improve promotion prospects?
The amount of people that are looking for promotion at the moment have got hee haw chance now.  The stn manager post isn't an extra one thats been created but one that has replaced the old stn/o but without the requirement of going to fires.

Guest 45

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2005, 02:57:54 PM »
Hacked off

You seem to dispute the fact that 39 new jobs that weren't there in the first place would increase the promotion chances of them who wish to apply for it?

You quote ' 350 eligible and only 39 stn managers post available' but I believe there are only about 100 who have actually applied for the jobs.

This means that you have just over a 1 in 2 chance of getting a job and you think this is bad!

I believe the last ADO's there was 100 applied and only 11 got through which is just under a 1 in 10 chance of getting a job!

People have called Stn/O's watch managers for ages everywhere else and they will still be managing the watch when the new STATION MANAGERS are in place so how are they being 'put down'?

This is an extra post that has been created and is similar in role to the Stn/O's who were in charge of one pump stations a while ago.

And if you feel that 'the amount of people who are looking for promotion have got hee haw chance now'-  would it not be 10 times (or 39 times) worse if these jobs were not created.