Author Topic: Polar Challenge  (Read 3383 times)

Offline Callmac

Polar Challenge
« on: May 12, 2005, 02:46:26 PM »
Hi there, My name is Callum Macdonald and I am a retained Firefighter with Tayside Fire Brigade.

I am hoping to put together a team of firefighters to take part in the Polar Challenge in April next year to raise money for the Ben Fund. The Polar Challenge is a competitive, 320 mile team race in the Arctic, to the 1996 location of the Magnetic North Pole and beyond (finish line beneath the deserted Isachsen Mine)

The race takes place between mid-April and mid-May each year, taking teams 2-4 weeks. Competitors race in teams of 3. Competitors race on skis, pulling their supplies in 120lb pulks, stopping onroute at 3 manned checkpoints to resupply. Polar Challenge is suitable for everyone who has the drive and determination to succeed! All competitors receive full pre-race training in Wales, Austria and the Arctic.

If you would like further information please email me at callumjmacdonald@aol.com

For pictures of this years race log onto www.polar-challenge.com. The race was won by team Hardware.com who covered the race distance in 9 Days 11 Hrs 55 Mins.