Author Topic: Regional Control rooms a scandal.  (Read 15834 times)

Offline wyngwili

Regional Control rooms a scandal.
« on: April 04, 2010, 09:09:48 PM »
So called cost saving measures has resulted in the government spending of over 200 million pounds!  The nationwide measure of condensing 40 control centres into 7 is years behind date and so far 32 million pounds over budget.  A large chunk of this cash has been thrown at the civil service and of course the private sector consultants that make their decisions for them.  Along with PFI projects over new training centres and stations and probably the control rooms themselves I think that this is one of the greatest public sector disasters of all time.  It seems the government forgot to ask any brigade what was required. 

Apparently this is such a monumental F up that staff turnover within the maze of departments pushing through this so called modernisation is high.  So high in fact and with costs quickly spiralling out of control the plug is about to be pulled. 

(Source- the Independent on Sunday, 4th April 2010)

One question,  How many front line staff i.e Firefighters, C/R Operators would 240,000,000 pounds employ?

Offline nearlythere

Re: Regional Control rooms a scandal.
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 09:55:03 PM »

One question,  How many front line staff i.e Firefighters, C/R Operators would 240,000,000 pounds employ?
How many front line staff i.e Firefighters, C/R Operators would 240,000,000 pounds employ?
None

How many politician's and ermined trough hogger's second homes would this have funded?
At least 1386.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 10:01:16 PM by nearlythere »
We're not Brazil we're Northern Ireland.

Offline Clevelandfire 3

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 01:00:07 PM »
I read that the projects have gone so far over budget that it would actually cost millions to shelve them now. So either way we are stuck with them it would seem.

Offline afterburner

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 11:33:29 AM »
Can anyone identify any major public project which has been delivered on ORIGINAL budget, on time and does what it says on the tin?

London Olympics?

Edinburgh Trams?

Replacement for NIMROD?

Regional Fire Controls?

Chris Houston

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 09:50:42 PM »
Can anyone identify any major public project which has been delivered on ORIGINAL budget, on time and does what it says on the tin?

London Olympics?

Edinburgh Trams?

Replacement for NIMROD?

Regional Fire Controls?

Edinburgh Parliament, Westminster parliament........it seems to be the way it goes that things get through on the basis of a low cost and then the real cost increases.